Jun 23, 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski with an interesting draft rumor:
Cleveland’s trying to get a 3rd first round pick — in the 20’s — dangling its two second rounders (32 and 54) and maybe cash, sources say.
There had been rumors that the Cavs had been trying get a 3rd 1st round pick by trading down with their #4 pick, but now it looks like they’re trying to trade up. For a team in full rebuild mode, as Cleveland clearly is, more first-round picks is probably never a bad thing. The #32 and #54 picks may not look that attractive, but trading a late first-rounder for two second-round picks would prevent a team from having to hand out a guaranteed contract on the rookie scale.
Billionaire Cavaliers owner has never been shy about spending whatever it takes on his team, but there may be owners who feel that a late-20s pick in this draft simply isn’t worth the guaranteed money.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29