Jun 23, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
The “most intriguing rumor/report award” of the day so far definitely goes to DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony, who gave us this cryptic tidbit a little earlier:
Teams calling Sacramento about the #7 pick are being told it’s already been moved. Problem is, no one knows to who, or for which player.
Okay, that’s kind of a new one. There has been widespread speculation that the Spurs have been looking to trade Tony Parker and/or Richard Jefferson‘s contract in order to get the pick and take Klay Thompson, but clearly there’s a bit of mystery surrounding the actual deal that may or may not have gone down.
Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, whose reporting on the Kings has always been as reliable as any reporting on any team, confirmed Givony’s tidbit, and offered this tidbit of his own:
As an interesting subplot, sources say the Kings and Golden State had substantial talks about Monta Ellis. Not sure who Warriors wanted.
UPDATE: As I was typing this up, this report came out from Gery Woelfel, and was retweeted by Amick:
Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7.
This draft day is getting crazier by the minute, and we still haven’t had an official deal go down yet.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 5
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 42
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16