Jun 23, 2011, 4:18 PM EST
The “most intriguing rumor/report award” of the day so far definitely goes to DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony, who gave us this cryptic tidbit a little earlier:
Teams calling Sacramento about the #7 pick are being told it’s already been moved. Problem is, no one knows to who, or for which player.
Okay, that’s kind of a new one. There has been widespread speculation that the Spurs have been looking to trade Tony Parker and/or Richard Jefferson‘s contract in order to get the pick and take Klay Thompson, but clearly there’s a bit of mystery surrounding the actual deal that may or may not have gone down.
Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, whose reporting on the Kings has always been as reliable as any reporting on any team, confirmed Givony’s tidbit, and offered this tidbit of his own:
As an interesting subplot, sources say the Kings and Golden State had substantial talks about Monta Ellis. Not sure who Warriors wanted.
UPDATE: As I was typing this up, this report came out from Gery Woelfel, and was retweeted by Amick:
Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7.
This draft day is getting crazier by the minute, and we still haven’t had an official deal go down yet.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12