Jun 23, 2011, 4:18 PM EDT
The “most intriguing rumor/report award” of the day so far definitely goes to DraftExpress’ Jonathan Givony, who gave us this cryptic tidbit a little earlier:
Teams calling Sacramento about the #7 pick are being told it’s already been moved. Problem is, no one knows to who, or for which player.
Okay, that’s kind of a new one. There has been widespread speculation that the Spurs have been looking to trade Tony Parker and/or Richard Jefferson‘s contract in order to get the pick and take Klay Thompson, but clearly there’s a bit of mystery surrounding the actual deal that may or may not have gone down.
Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, whose reporting on the Kings has always been as reliable as any reporting on any team, confirmed Givony’s tidbit, and offered this tidbit of his own:
As an interesting subplot, sources say the Kings and Golden State had substantial talks about Monta Ellis. Not sure who Warriors wanted.
UPDATE: As I was typing this up, this report came out from Gery Woelfel, and was retweeted by Amick:
Bucks appear to have deal with Sacamento for No. 7.
This draft day is getting crazier by the minute, and we still haven’t had an official deal go down yet.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21