Jun 23, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Honestly, I feel a little odd making fun of World Peace, but here we go…
Eccentric Lakers forward Ron Artest (we’re going with “eccentric” because he’s rich and famous, when you’re poor and unknown you’re just weird) is changing his name…
To Metta World Peace.
TMZ has seen the official court documents and… well, this decision is very Ron Artest. This has to be approved by a judge, but name changes are almost never turned down unless you request being Bill Gates.
We’ll admit, that even for Ron-Ron (um, Metta-Metta?) this is a little out there. But it should say Peace across the back of his Lakers jersey next season.
But it’s better than changing your name to Ocho-Cinco. So, things could be worse.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)