Jun 23, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Honestly, I feel a little odd making fun of World Peace, but here we go…
Eccentric Lakers forward Ron Artest (we’re going with “eccentric” because he’s rich and famous, when you’re poor and unknown you’re just weird) is changing his name…
To Metta World Peace.
TMZ has seen the official court documents and… well, this decision is very Ron Artest. This has to be approved by a judge, but name changes are almost never turned down unless you request being Bill Gates.
We’ll admit, that even for Ron-Ron (um, Metta-Metta?) this is a little out there. But it should say Peace across the back of his Lakers jersey next season.
But it’s better than changing your name to Ocho-Cinco. So, things could be worse.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3