Jun 23, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Honestly, I feel a little odd making fun of World Peace, but here we go…
Eccentric Lakers forward Ron Artest (we’re going with “eccentric” because he’s rich and famous, when you’re poor and unknown you’re just weird) is changing his name…
To Metta World Peace.
TMZ has seen the official court documents and… well, this decision is very Ron Artest. This has to be approved by a judge, but name changes are almost never turned down unless you request being Bill Gates.
We’ll admit, that even for Ron-Ron (um, Metta-Metta?) this is a little out there. But it should say Peace across the back of his Lakers jersey next season.
But it’s better than changing your name to Ocho-Cinco. So, things could be worse.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35