Jun 23, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Honestly, I feel a little odd making fun of World Peace, but here we go…
Eccentric Lakers forward Ron Artest (we’re going with “eccentric” because he’s rich and famous, when you’re poor and unknown you’re just weird) is changing his name…
To Metta World Peace.
TMZ has seen the official court documents and… well, this decision is very Ron Artest. This has to be approved by a judge, but name changes are almost never turned down unless you request being Bill Gates.
We’ll admit, that even for Ron-Ron (um, Metta-Metta?) this is a little out there. But it should say Peace across the back of his Lakers jersey next season.
But it’s better than changing your name to Ocho-Cinco. So, things could be worse.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9