Jun 23, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Honestly, I feel a little odd making fun of World Peace, but here we go…
Eccentric Lakers forward Ron Artest (we’re going with “eccentric” because he’s rich and famous, when you’re poor and unknown you’re just weird) is changing his name…
To Metta World Peace.
TMZ has seen the official court documents and… well, this decision is very Ron Artest. This has to be approved by a judge, but name changes are almost never turned down unless you request being Bill Gates.
We’ll admit, that even for Ron-Ron (um, Metta-Metta?) this is a little out there. But it should say Peace across the back of his Lakers jersey next season.
But it’s better than changing your name to Ocho-Cinco. So, things could be worse.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24