Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Rockets have acquired Jonny Flynn from the Timberwolves, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, confirmed by SI.com’s Sam Amick. In return, Houston is sending Brad Miller to Minnesota, and the teams will exchange first round draft picks.
Minnesota selected Donatas Motiejunas with the 20th overall pick, so he’s headed to Houston; the Rockets selected Nikola Mirotic with the 23rd pick, and he goes to the Timberwolves, along with a future first round draft pick.
This appears to be a steal for the Rockets. Flynn’s stock is at an all-time low after a poor season that was partly caused by trying to be forced to fit into Kurt Rambis’s attempts at the triangle offense. Most expect Flynn to produce in the right system, and moving out of Minnesota can only help him in that regard.
Brad Miller can still contribute, but he’s currently injured, and isn’t expected to be ready to play until January, after undergoing somewhat surprising microfracture surgery earlier this month.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona