Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Rockets have acquired Jonny Flynn from the Timberwolves, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, confirmed by SI.com’s Sam Amick. In return, Houston is sending Brad Miller to Minnesota, and the teams will exchange first round draft picks.
Minnesota selected Donatas Motiejunas with the 20th overall pick, so he’s headed to Houston; the Rockets selected Nikola Mirotic with the 23rd pick, and he goes to the Timberwolves, along with a future first round draft pick.
This appears to be a steal for the Rockets. Flynn’s stock is at an all-time low after a poor season that was partly caused by trying to be forced to fit into Kurt Rambis’s attempts at the triangle offense. Most expect Flynn to produce in the right system, and moving out of Minnesota can only help him in that regard.
Brad Miller can still contribute, but he’s currently injured, and isn’t expected to be ready to play until January, after undergoing somewhat surprising microfracture surgery earlier this month.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 58
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10