Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Rockets have acquired Jonny Flynn from the Timberwolves, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, confirmed by SI.com’s Sam Amick. In return, Houston is sending Brad Miller to Minnesota, and the teams will exchange first round draft picks.
Minnesota selected Donatas Motiejunas with the 20th overall pick, so he’s headed to Houston; the Rockets selected Nikola Mirotic with the 23rd pick, and he goes to the Timberwolves, along with a future first round draft pick.
This appears to be a steal for the Rockets. Flynn’s stock is at an all-time low after a poor season that was partly caused by trying to be forced to fit into Kurt Rambis’s attempts at the triangle offense. Most expect Flynn to produce in the right system, and moving out of Minnesota can only help him in that regard.
Brad Miller can still contribute, but he’s currently injured, and isn’t expected to be ready to play until January, after undergoing somewhat surprising microfracture surgery earlier this month.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15