Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 PM EST
The Rockets have acquired Jonny Flynn from the Timberwolves, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, confirmed by SI.com’s Sam Amick. In return, Houston is sending Brad Miller to Minnesota, and the teams will exchange first round draft picks.
Minnesota selected Donatas Motiejunas with the 20th overall pick, so he’s headed to Houston; the Rockets selected Nikola Mirotic with the 23rd pick, and he goes to the Timberwolves, along with a future first round draft pick.
This appears to be a steal for the Rockets. Flynn’s stock is at an all-time low after a poor season that was partly caused by trying to be forced to fit into Kurt Rambis’s attempts at the triangle offense. Most expect Flynn to produce in the right system, and moving out of Minnesota can only help him in that regard.
Brad Miller can still contribute, but he’s currently injured, and isn’t expected to be ready to play until January, after undergoing somewhat surprising microfracture surgery earlier this month.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13