Jun 23, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
The Rockets have acquired Jonny Flynn from the Timberwolves, according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, confirmed by SI.com’s Sam Amick. In return, Houston is sending Brad Miller to Minnesota, and the teams will exchange first round draft picks.
Minnesota selected Donatas Motiejunas with the 20th overall pick, so he’s headed to Houston; the Rockets selected Nikola Mirotic with the 23rd pick, and he goes to the Timberwolves, along with a future first round draft pick.
This appears to be a steal for the Rockets. Flynn’s stock is at an all-time low after a poor season that was partly caused by trying to be forced to fit into Kurt Rambis’s attempts at the triangle offense. Most expect Flynn to produce in the right system, and moving out of Minnesota can only help him in that regard.
Brad Miller can still contribute, but he’s currently injured, and isn’t expected to be ready to play until January, after undergoing somewhat surprising microfracture surgery earlier this month.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5