Jun 23, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks have been actively shopping their No. 10 pick for a while. The Kings have actively been shopping the No. 7 pick. They have found a partner with each other and the Charlotte Bobcats thrown in for a three way deal that will blow up every mock draft you’ve read.
Milwaukee’s 10th overall pick goes to the Kings, source says… The Bobcats will have the 7th and 9th picks in the draft tonight as part of the deal, source says.
The Kings also would get John Salmons in the deal. It doesn’t make a lot of sense for the Kings to move down three spots to get Salmons back, there may be another trade there to follow. The logical thought is the Spurs, getting Tony Parker and taking on Richard Jefferson. But for the Spurs, a Beno Udrih and No. 7 pick deal makes way more sense than Salmons an the No. 10, so there has to be more to that.
There also now is the sense the Kings will take Jimmer Fredette at No. 10 (unless someone trades up to get him).This deal was not about saving money, Salmons is owed $31 million over the next four seasons ($25 over three with a buyout of the fourth). He is older and more expensive than Udrih. They also get the No. 19 pick.
The Bucks also would get Beno Udrih, but mostly they get a guy in Jackson who can create his own shot and score in a way they lacked last season. The Bucks now have a lot of playmakers who need the ball in their hands — Jackson, Brandon Jennings, Udrih, Livingston. Some more trades will come eventually to move one or two of them. Jackson is reportedly not happy about being traded.
The Bobcats would have the No. 7 and No. 9 picks, and you can bet they will go big with one or both of those picks — reportedly starting with Bismack Biyombo. They are rebuilding from the ground up and they are going with the guy who has the most upside in this draft.
The Bobcats and Bucks were already talking a deal, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer.
One veteran not moving in his deal or any other is Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, as he is a restricted free agent and can’t be traded.
Seeing Charlotte active on trade day is a sign that new GM Rich Cho has some real power, he loves these kinds of moves.
We will be updating as more information comes in.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4