Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.
Orlando has had concerns they would lose Nelson for nothing to free agency after next season, when he can opt out (as can Dwight Howard). And the Magic what to make some roster changes to show Howard how they are trying.
But how does Miller — a guy who shot 11 percent from three last season and is about driving not spreading the floor — going to fit with Stan Van Gundy’s system. Miller and his drive and get fouled or dish game would be a change for how the Magic offense runs.
Nelson in Portland… I could see that working out well. But he likely will test the free agent market next summer anyway (unless Portland extends him).
But there seems to be a little heat to this rumor, especially compared to the sea of rumors out there on draft day.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 2
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1