Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.
Orlando has had concerns they would lose Nelson for nothing to free agency after next season, when he can opt out (as can Dwight Howard). And the Magic what to make some roster changes to show Howard how they are trying.
But how does Miller — a guy who shot 11 percent from three last season and is about driving not spreading the floor — going to fit with Stan Van Gundy’s system. Miller and his drive and get fouled or dish game would be a change for how the Magic offense runs.
Nelson in Portland… I could see that working out well. But he likely will test the free agent market next summer anyway (unless Portland extends him).
But there seems to be a little heat to this rumor, especially compared to the sea of rumors out there on draft day.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, to have season-ending surgery 0
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 14
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8