Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.
Orlando has had concerns they would lose Nelson for nothing to free agency after next season, when he can opt out (as can Dwight Howard). And the Magic what to make some roster changes to show Howard how they are trying.
But how does Miller — a guy who shot 11 percent from three last season and is about driving not spreading the floor — going to fit with Stan Van Gundy’s system. Miller and his drive and get fouled or dish game would be a change for how the Magic offense runs.
Nelson in Portland… I could see that working out well. But he likely will test the free agent market next summer anyway (unless Portland extends him).
But there seems to be a little heat to this rumor, especially compared to the sea of rumors out there on draft day.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90