Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.
Orlando has had concerns they would lose Nelson for nothing to free agency after next season, when he can opt out (as can Dwight Howard). And the Magic what to make some roster changes to show Howard how they are trying.
But how does Miller — a guy who shot 11 percent from three last season and is about driving not spreading the floor — going to fit with Stan Van Gundy’s system. Miller and his drive and get fouled or dish game would be a change for how the Magic offense runs.
Nelson in Portland… I could see that working out well. But he likely will test the free agent market next summer anyway (unless Portland extends him).
But there seems to be a little heat to this rumor, especially compared to the sea of rumors out there on draft day.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19