Jun 23, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
In what would be an interesting swap of styles and systems, the Orlando Magic and Portland Trail Blazers are talking about swapping point guards.
Orlando has had concerns they would lose Nelson for nothing to free agency after next season, when he can opt out (as can Dwight Howard). And the Magic what to make some roster changes to show Howard how they are trying.
But how does Miller — a guy who shot 11 percent from three last season and is about driving not spreading the floor — going to fit with Stan Van Gundy’s system. Miller and his drive and get fouled or dish game would be a change for how the Magic offense runs.
Nelson in Portland… I could see that working out well. But he likely will test the free agent market next summer anyway (unless Portland extends him).
But there seems to be a little heat to this rumor, especially compared to the sea of rumors out there on draft day.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37