Jun 23, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
The NBA has seen more rumors in the last 24 hours than the morning after a Charlie Sheen party. At least we didn’t wake up wondering where we were. We’ll be bringing you all the latest over the course of Thursday right up to the draft (and plenty of pick-by-pick draft coverage, too) but to get you started here are a bunch of the rumors collected on Thursday morning:
We’ve been telling you about all the rumored Tony Parker trades (and there are a lot of them), but the Spurs also may be shopping George Hill to move up in this draft. The Spurs rumored target is sharpshooter Klay Thompson.
The Houston Rockets and Milwaukee Bucks are discussing a deal that would send Ersan Ilyasova to the Rockets along with the No. 10 pick for a package that includes the No. 23 and No. 24 picks plus another player.
The Rockets have had talks with a number of teams because they want to move up, including Detroit at No. 8. Apparently they want a big man and like Lithuanian center Jonas Valanciunas. (A lot of teams like him, look for him to go early.)
The key pick in this draft remains the Jazz at No. 3. They would love it if Derrick Williams falls to them. If not, if they have to choose between Brandon Knight and Enes Kanter, put your money on Kanter. He doesn’t fill a need but the Jazz are a “best player available” team.
If I were placing my money on one team to trade their lottery pick this draft, it would be the Bucks.
Would you believe the Lakers and Warriors talked about a deal that was Monta Ellis for Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown? That’s what Ken Berger reports at CBSSports. I have trouble seeing how Monta Ellis and Kobe Bryant work together in the back court, frankly.
Just so you know, Minnesota is still shopping the No. 2 pick and still not finding any takers at their price.
If all the Europeans in this draft are confusing you, here is a great breakdown of what you can expect from them.
Statistically, who did the players in this draft match up to, who do they project to be? Some interesting stuff from Kevin Pelton at Basketball Prospectus.
One final one, not really draft related but it made me laugh: Magic GM Otis Smith wants Gilbert Arenas to play less basketball this summer. Arenas is having none of that, saying he is a professional basketball player after all.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7