Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 4
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 36
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte