Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 37
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17