Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 13
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11