Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22