Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 17
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 37
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 13
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33