Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11