Jun 23, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
Here’s another bit from Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, who’s been an invaluable resource in the weeks leading up to the draft:
Not believing any of this Tristan Thompson at 7 stuff. Charlotte did this trade to jump ahead of Detroit and take Biyombo. If he’s there.
Well, it looks like there’s at least one team who isn’t frightened by Biyombo’s potential buyout issues. The Bobcats were the #1 overall team in defensive efficiency in the 2009-10 season, but lost their defensive edge last year, and were actually below-average in defensive efficiency. By drafting Biyombo, who may be the best defensive player the draft has seen in years, the Bobcats could immediately become a force again defensively.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 1
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 3
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 7
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 82
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20