Jun 23, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
More stuff from Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, who’s been on fire today:
Rival teams now expect the Kings to take Jimmer Fredette at No. 10.
Taking Fredette would have some benefits for the Kings. He would help space the floor for Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins, both of whom are nearly unstoppable when they operate in the paint, and would give the cash-strapped Kings an easily marketable player.
However, Fredette won’t help the Kings’ below-average defense, and drafting him probably won’t make up for the fact that the Kings just made a trade that, as Sactown Royalty’s Tom Ziller put it, made the team “older, worse, more expensive, AND downgraded their draft pick.” The Kings may not be done trading yet, so judgement should be reserved for a few more hours, but if Fredette is Sacramento’s endgame, this will not be a great draft day for the Kings franchise.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 4
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20