Jun 23, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
More stuff from Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, who’s been on fire today:
Rival teams now expect the Kings to take Jimmer Fredette at No. 10.
Taking Fredette would have some benefits for the Kings. He would help space the floor for Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins, both of whom are nearly unstoppable when they operate in the paint, and would give the cash-strapped Kings an easily marketable player.
However, Fredette won’t help the Kings’ below-average defense, and drafting him probably won’t make up for the fact that the Kings just made a trade that, as Sactown Royalty’s Tom Ziller put it, made the team “older, worse, more expensive, AND downgraded their draft pick.” The Kings may not be done trading yet, so judgement should be reserved for a few more hours, but if Fredette is Sacramento’s endgame, this will not be a great draft day for the Kings franchise.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8