Jun 22, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Spurs guard Tony Parker‘s name has been getting thrown around in trade rumors for the last few days, but the 2007 Finals MVP is hoping that he will still be a Spur when the dust settles after draft day. Yahoo! Sports’ Marc Spears has the report:
Tony Parker says he loves Spurs and wants to finish career with franchise. Says quotes of Spurs on downslide false.
The Spurs have always taken pride in their team’s chemistry, and that chemistry is evident when you see just how badly Parker wants to stay with his team — or avoid being traded to a lottery club. Still, if the Spurs really do want to get younger, they will have to make some tough choices. Trading Parker would be one of those choices.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26