Jun 22, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Spurs guard Tony Parker‘s name has been getting thrown around in trade rumors for the last few days, but the 2007 Finals MVP is hoping that he will still be a Spur when the dust settles after draft day. Yahoo! Sports’ Marc Spears has the report:
Tony Parker says he loves Spurs and wants to finish career with franchise. Says quotes of Spurs on downslide false.
The Spurs have always taken pride in their team’s chemistry, and that chemistry is evident when you see just how badly Parker wants to stay with his team — or avoid being traded to a lottery club. Still, if the Spurs really do want to get younger, they will have to make some tough choices. Trading Parker would be one of those choices.
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 1
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 55
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 62
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 21
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 40
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30