Jun 22, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Even in court, Mark Cuban is bragging about his championship. And being damn funny.
Remember that Cuban is being sued by Ross Perot Jr., the son of the former presidential candidate and a five percent owner of the Mavericks. His partnership (Hillwood Center Partnership) used to own the majority of the Mavericks but sold to Cuban 11 years ago. Perot says that the Mavericks are insolvent, mismanaged and Cuban is basically a giant turd. That’s not the exact legal phrasing, but that’s the thrust of it.
Today, Cuban’s lawyers filed papers asking the judge to just say Cuban won the case (Summery Judgment is the legal term). What is the legal basis to ask for this judgement? Here it is, from the Dallas Observer blog (Via The Basketball Jones):
Under Hillwood’s ownership, the team was deemed the “worst franchise” in all of professional sports. Under Cuban’s stewardship the Mavericks have become one of the league’s most successful teams and are now NBA champions. Accordingly, there can be no genuine question that Hillwood’s claims of mismanagement lack merit and Hillwood’s claims should be disposed of on summary judgment.
The brief includes a picture of Dirk Nowitzki holding up the Larry O’Brien Trophy over his head with the team around him.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32