Jun 22, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
Even in court, Mark Cuban is bragging about his championship. And being damn funny.
Remember that Cuban is being sued by Ross Perot Jr., the son of the former presidential candidate and a five percent owner of the Mavericks. His partnership (Hillwood Center Partnership) used to own the majority of the Mavericks but sold to Cuban 11 years ago. Perot says that the Mavericks are insolvent, mismanaged and Cuban is basically a giant turd. That’s not the exact legal phrasing, but that’s the thrust of it.
Today, Cuban’s lawyers filed papers asking the judge to just say Cuban won the case (Summery Judgment is the legal term). What is the legal basis to ask for this judgement? Here it is, from the Dallas Observer blog (Via The Basketball Jones):
Under Hillwood’s ownership, the team was deemed the “worst franchise” in all of professional sports. Under Cuban’s stewardship the Mavericks have become one of the league’s most successful teams and are now NBA champions. Accordingly, there can be no genuine question that Hillwood’s claims of mismanagement lack merit and Hillwood’s claims should be disposed of on summary judgment.
The brief includes a picture of Dirk Nowitzki holding up the Larry O’Brien Trophy over his head with the team around him.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30