Jun 22, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Even in court, Mark Cuban is bragging about his championship. And being damn funny.
Remember that Cuban is being sued by Ross Perot Jr., the son of the former presidential candidate and a five percent owner of the Mavericks. His partnership (Hillwood Center Partnership) used to own the majority of the Mavericks but sold to Cuban 11 years ago. Perot says that the Mavericks are insolvent, mismanaged and Cuban is basically a giant turd. That’s not the exact legal phrasing, but that’s the thrust of it.
Today, Cuban’s lawyers filed papers asking the judge to just say Cuban won the case (Summery Judgment is the legal term). What is the legal basis to ask for this judgement? Here it is, from the Dallas Observer blog (Via The Basketball Jones):
Under Hillwood’s ownership, the team was deemed the “worst franchise” in all of professional sports. Under Cuban’s stewardship the Mavericks have become one of the league’s most successful teams and are now NBA champions. Accordingly, there can be no genuine question that Hillwood’s claims of mismanagement lack merit and Hillwood’s claims should be disposed of on summary judgment.
The brief includes a picture of Dirk Nowitzki holding up the Larry O’Brien Trophy over his head with the team around him.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6