Jun 22, 2011, 5:34 PM EDT
In a move that should shock nobody, the Sacramento Kings have exercised their team options on DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, and Omri Casspi for the 2012-13 season. All three players are still on their rookie deals, and will make a combined $13 million in 2012-13.
Evans struggled with injuries and had a bit of a sophomore slump, but the 09-10 Rookie of the Year is still considered a franchise player. Cousins had a roller-coaster season both on and off the court and had some issues with his shooting efficiency and turnover ratio, but he’s still an immense talent who the Kings seem intent on making a core part of their rebuilding plan. Casspi also had a sophomore slump, but he’s a very promising role player who should be in the league for a long time.
If the Kings do complete a trade with the San Antonio Spurs for their #7 overall pick, Casspi may be part of the deal, as the Spurs have reportedly been high on Casspi for a long time.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 3
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay