Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 AM EST
It was maybe the craziest rumor of this draft… which is saying something.
Steve Nash to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick was discussed, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He went on to say in the article it was unlikely because Nash wants to go to a contender, not a 17-win team. A team that just signed Ricky Rubio, so why do they want another point guard again? But the rumor got picked up and discussed. Same with the rumors of the Knicks wanting Nash (um, yea they do).
“We are not trading Marcin Gortat. Period. End of sentence,” Babby said Wednesday morning. “We are not trading Steve Nash. Period. Exclamation point….”
The Suns steadfastly have said that they intend to bring Nash, 37, back for the coming season, which will be the final year of his contract. Nash continually has said that he wants to remain with the Suns and feels loyal to his contract, franchise, personnel and fans.
With Gortat and Robin Lopez, don’t be shocked if the Suns do move one big man (there is a demand for defensive centers out there). But don’t look for a Nash trade.
Do expect lots of Timberwolves rumors — they seriously have called all other 29 teams looking at deals. Everything has been discussed, even the crazy and impossible.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7