Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
It was maybe the craziest rumor of this draft… which is saying something.
Steve Nash to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick was discussed, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He went on to say in the article it was unlikely because Nash wants to go to a contender, not a 17-win team. A team that just signed Ricky Rubio, so why do they want another point guard again? But the rumor got picked up and discussed. Same with the rumors of the Knicks wanting Nash (um, yea they do).
“We are not trading Marcin Gortat. Period. End of sentence,” Babby said Wednesday morning. “We are not trading Steve Nash. Period. Exclamation point….”
The Suns steadfastly have said that they intend to bring Nash, 37, back for the coming season, which will be the final year of his contract. Nash continually has said that he wants to remain with the Suns and feels loyal to his contract, franchise, personnel and fans.
With Gortat and Robin Lopez, don’t be shocked if the Suns do move one big man (there is a demand for defensive centers out there). But don’t look for a Nash trade.
Do expect lots of Timberwolves rumors — they seriously have called all other 29 teams looking at deals. Everything has been discussed, even the crazy and impossible.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 37
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 20
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89