Jun 22, 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
It was maybe the craziest rumor of this draft… which is saying something.
Steve Nash to the Minnesota Timberwolves for the No. 2 pick was discussed, according to Marc Stein at ESPN. He went on to say in the article it was unlikely because Nash wants to go to a contender, not a 17-win team. A team that just signed Ricky Rubio, so why do they want another point guard again? But the rumor got picked up and discussed. Same with the rumors of the Knicks wanting Nash (um, yea they do).
“We are not trading Marcin Gortat. Period. End of sentence,” Babby said Wednesday morning. “We are not trading Steve Nash. Period. Exclamation point….”
The Suns steadfastly have said that they intend to bring Nash, 37, back for the coming season, which will be the final year of his contract. Nash continually has said that he wants to remain with the Suns and feels loyal to his contract, franchise, personnel and fans.
With Gortat and Robin Lopez, don’t be shocked if the Suns do move one big man (there is a demand for defensive centers out there). But don’t look for a Nash trade.
Do expect lots of Timberwolves rumors — they seriously have called all other 29 teams looking at deals. Everything has been discussed, even the crazy and impossible.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 46
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23