Jun 21, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Before we get started, it’s important to note that TMZ is the worst thing to happen to reporting … well, pretty much ever. Obnoxious, talentless dudes loitering outside clubs, restaurants, and airports screaming down athletes and celebrities with video camera in hand hoping they’ll say anything remotely interesting couldn’t be more annoying, and it should probably be outlawed as some sort of postmodern form of stalking or harassment.
With that out of the way, I present to you (via Dime) a video of Greg Oden being accosted by one of TMZ’s goons. Why? Because it’s pretty great when these guys get it wrong, as they do here when they mistake the Blazers’ big man for LeBron James.
Up close and in person — and despite the side-by-side photo comparing the two in the clip — Oden really looks nothing like James. Oden is noticeably taller, their builds are completely different, and their facial features really aren’t close. But if you’re just randomly hoping to get a famous person talking on video, I guess it was worth a shot.
As for Oden, he handled the whole thing perfectly. Even if his answer when asked if he was a ball player, “I tried but I’m not good at it,” might have hit a little too close to home for Blazers fans.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14