Jun 21, 2011, 12:48 PM EST
Before we get started, it’s important to note that TMZ is the worst thing to happen to reporting … well, pretty much ever. Obnoxious, talentless dudes loitering outside clubs, restaurants, and airports screaming down athletes and celebrities with video camera in hand hoping they’ll say anything remotely interesting couldn’t be more annoying, and it should probably be outlawed as some sort of postmodern form of stalking or harassment.
With that out of the way, I present to you (via Dime) a video of Greg Oden being accosted by one of TMZ’s goons. Why? Because it’s pretty great when these guys get it wrong, as they do here when they mistake the Blazers’ big man for LeBron James.
Up close and in person — and despite the side-by-side photo comparing the two in the clip — Oden really looks nothing like James. Oden is noticeably taller, their builds are completely different, and their facial features really aren’t close. But if you’re just randomly hoping to get a famous person talking on video, I guess it was worth a shot.
As for Oden, he handled the whole thing perfectly. Even if his answer when asked if he was a ball player, “I tried but I’m not good at it,” might have hit a little too close to home for Blazers fans.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14