Jun 21, 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
The emergence of Marcin Gortat as a quality center in the Suns up-tempo offense has left them with a problem a lot of teams would like to have — two quality centers, when you remember they have Robin Lopez as well.
Suns and Warriors have discussed trade scenarios in which Robin Lopez goes to Golden State and 11th pick plus (Ekpe) Udoh ends up with Phoenix
This makes some sense for the Warriors in their shift toward a more defensive mindset — Lopez is the kind of defensive minded center they need. He can play in an up-tempo offense. His hair will not look the least bit out of the ordinary in the Bay Area. There’s a lot going for him there.
As for the Suns, the question is how high are they on the potential of Udoh? Also, they already have the No. 13 pick, do they really want the No. 11, too? Gambadoro says the Suns want to draft a point guard and a power forward to address needs in this draft (although are the guys they get at that point in this draft really going to address those needs?).
Still, they seem to be talking. Another potential draft day trade to watch.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49