Jun 21, 2011, 12:53 AM EST
The emergence of Marcin Gortat as a quality center in the Suns up-tempo offense has left them with a problem a lot of teams would like to have — two quality centers, when you remember they have Robin Lopez as well.
Suns and Warriors have discussed trade scenarios in which Robin Lopez goes to Golden State and 11th pick plus (Ekpe) Udoh ends up with Phoenix
This makes some sense for the Warriors in their shift toward a more defensive mindset — Lopez is the kind of defensive minded center they need. He can play in an up-tempo offense. His hair will not look the least bit out of the ordinary in the Bay Area. There’s a lot going for him there.
As for the Suns, the question is how high are they on the potential of Udoh? Also, they already have the No. 13 pick, do they really want the No. 11, too? Gambadoro says the Suns want to draft a point guard and a power forward to address needs in this draft (although are the guys they get at that point in this draft really going to address those needs?).
Still, they seem to be talking. Another potential draft day trade to watch.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 10
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 27
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 13
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15