Jun 21, 2011, 12:53 AM EDT
The emergence of Marcin Gortat as a quality center in the Suns up-tempo offense has left them with a problem a lot of teams would like to have — two quality centers, when you remember they have Robin Lopez as well.
Suns and Warriors have discussed trade scenarios in which Robin Lopez goes to Golden State and 11th pick plus (Ekpe) Udoh ends up with Phoenix
This makes some sense for the Warriors in their shift toward a more defensive mindset — Lopez is the kind of defensive minded center they need. He can play in an up-tempo offense. His hair will not look the least bit out of the ordinary in the Bay Area. There’s a lot going for him there.
As for the Suns, the question is how high are they on the potential of Udoh? Also, they already have the No. 13 pick, do they really want the No. 11, too? Gambadoro says the Suns want to draft a point guard and a power forward to address needs in this draft (although are the guys they get at that point in this draft really going to address those needs?).
Still, they seem to be talking. Another potential draft day trade to watch.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29