Jun 21, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
There are 8 million rumors out there in the naked city, and while only a handful will come true we thought we’d put a bunch of them in one place, because we know how valuable your time is.
One of the biggest ones our own John Krolik just wrote about — the Wizards trying to move up to the No. 3 or No. 4 pick to get Enes Kanter. Several sources have variations of this and while it is still smoke there is enough to think there is some fire there.
One guy being shopped around is Raymond Felton, with the Nuggets. They are sold on Ty Lawson. The Lakers are reportedly interested, although hard to see the Nuggets helping out the Lakers and filling a real need for them. How about Felton to Sacramento for the No. 7 pick?
The Bucks have their target on someone — probably JonasValanciunas — and if he is gone by then the often active on draft day Bucks may trade the pick to Houston for the 14 and 23 picks.
The Rockets have been offering the 14 and 23 picks to anybody in the top 10 who will take them.
The Timberwolves have continued to listen to a number of offers for the No. 2 pick, one rumored one of Roy Hibbert and the 15th pick from the Pacers was shot down by Larry Bird. There are a lot more No. 2 pick rumors out there, from a lot of teams.
One that will not happen, anything involving Pau Gasol and the Lakers.
With all the talk about the Jazz taking Jimmer Fredette if he is there at No. 12 (and there would be a lot of pressure on them to do just that) they may take Florida State big man and defender Chris Singleton instead.
Markieff Morris, one of the brothers out of Kansas, could go to the Pistons at No. 8.
The Knicks, if they don’t move up, have reported interest in Marshon Brooks, Iman Shumpert and Kenneth Faried. According to Chad Ford at ESPN, they want a guy to help now not a project (but not a lot of those at 17).
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly going to keep their two late first round picks.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games