Jun 21, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
There are 8 million rumors out there in the naked city, and while only a handful will come true we thought we’d put a bunch of them in one place, because we know how valuable your time is.
One of the biggest ones our own John Krolik just wrote about — the Wizards trying to move up to the No. 3 or No. 4 pick to get Enes Kanter. Several sources have variations of this and while it is still smoke there is enough to think there is some fire there.
One guy being shopped around is Raymond Felton, with the Nuggets. They are sold on Ty Lawson. The Lakers are reportedly interested, although hard to see the Nuggets helping out the Lakers and filling a real need for them. How about Felton to Sacramento for the No. 7 pick?
The Bucks have their target on someone — probably JonasValanciunas — and if he is gone by then the often active on draft day Bucks may trade the pick to Houston for the 14 and 23 picks.
The Rockets have been offering the 14 and 23 picks to anybody in the top 10 who will take them.
The Timberwolves have continued to listen to a number of offers for the No. 2 pick, one rumored one of Roy Hibbert and the 15th pick from the Pacers was shot down by Larry Bird. There are a lot more No. 2 pick rumors out there, from a lot of teams.
One that will not happen, anything involving Pau Gasol and the Lakers.
With all the talk about the Jazz taking Jimmer Fredette if he is there at No. 12 (and there would be a lot of pressure on them to do just that) they may take Florida State big man and defender Chris Singleton instead.
Markieff Morris, one of the brothers out of Kansas, could go to the Pistons at No. 8.
The Knicks, if they don’t move up, have reported interest in Marshon Brooks, Iman Shumpert and Kenneth Faried. According to Chad Ford at ESPN, they want a guy to help now not a project (but not a lot of those at 17).
The Chicago Bulls are reportedly going to keep their two late first round picks.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16