Jun 21, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
@thenyknicks appear focused on Iman Shumpert and Kenneth Faried at 17. Donnie wants players that help on court right away.
Both Faried and Shumpert are projected to be available when the Knicks pick at 17. Faried averaged an impressive 17.3 points and 14.5 rebounds per game on 62.3% shooting last season at Moorehead State. Shumpert averaged 14.1 points and 2.7 steals per game at Georgia Tech, and looked like the most athletic wing in the class of 2011 at the draft combine.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6