Jun 21, 2011, 11:09 PM EDT
There has been widespread speculation that the Timberwolves are looking to trade the #2 pick in this year’s draft, because projected #2 pick Derrick Williams is a small forward/power forward and the Timberwolves already have Kevin Love at the 4 and Michael Beasley as a tweener 3/4, which Williams projects as.
Anyways, David Kahn would like to move the #2 pick, but he seems to be demanding a steep price for it. According to Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, David Kahn has been calling the Lakers about trading the #2 pick and Beasley to them…in return for Andrew Bynum, the 23-year old 7-foot center who finished 3rd among centers in PER and has become an absolute monster on defense and on the glass, and who the Lakers may be hesitant to trade for Dwight Howard. I would not advise Timberwolves fans to hold their breaths on that deal happening.
If Bynum is the kind of return Kahn is expecting to get for the #2 pick, it looks like Williams may become a Timberwolf after all, and the team will probably be better off for it. Beasley is still young, and can score the ball on occasion, but based on what he’s shown in his career, he’s not worth trading a talent like Williams simply for the purpose of trading him.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60