Jun 21, 2011, 11:09 PM EDT
There has been widespread speculation that the Timberwolves are looking to trade the #2 pick in this year’s draft, because projected #2 pick Derrick Williams is a small forward/power forward and the Timberwolves already have Kevin Love at the 4 and Michael Beasley as a tweener 3/4, which Williams projects as.
Anyways, David Kahn would like to move the #2 pick, but he seems to be demanding a steep price for it. According to Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, David Kahn has been calling the Lakers about trading the #2 pick and Beasley to them…in return for Andrew Bynum, the 23-year old 7-foot center who finished 3rd among centers in PER and has become an absolute monster on defense and on the glass, and who the Lakers may be hesitant to trade for Dwight Howard. I would not advise Timberwolves fans to hold their breaths on that deal happening.
If Bynum is the kind of return Kahn is expecting to get for the #2 pick, it looks like Williams may become a Timberwolf after all, and the team will probably be better off for it. Beasley is still young, and can score the ball on occasion, but based on what he’s shown in his career, he’s not worth trading a talent like Williams simply for the purpose of trading him.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16