Jun 21, 2011, 11:09 PM EDT
There has been widespread speculation that the Timberwolves are looking to trade the #2 pick in this year’s draft, because projected #2 pick Derrick Williams is a small forward/power forward and the Timberwolves already have Kevin Love at the 4 and Michael Beasley as a tweener 3/4, which Williams projects as.
Anyways, David Kahn would like to move the #2 pick, but he seems to be demanding a steep price for it. According to Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, David Kahn has been calling the Lakers about trading the #2 pick and Beasley to them…in return for Andrew Bynum, the 23-year old 7-foot center who finished 3rd among centers in PER and has become an absolute monster on defense and on the glass, and who the Lakers may be hesitant to trade for Dwight Howard. I would not advise Timberwolves fans to hold their breaths on that deal happening.
If Bynum is the kind of return Kahn is expecting to get for the #2 pick, it looks like Williams may become a Timberwolf after all, and the team will probably be better off for it. Beasley is still young, and can score the ball on occasion, but based on what he’s shown in his career, he’s not worth trading a talent like Williams simply for the purpose of trading him.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9