Jun 21, 2011, 11:09 PM EDT
There has been widespread speculation that the Timberwolves are looking to trade the #2 pick in this year’s draft, because projected #2 pick Derrick Williams is a small forward/power forward and the Timberwolves already have Kevin Love at the 4 and Michael Beasley as a tweener 3/4, which Williams projects as.
Anyways, David Kahn would like to move the #2 pick, but he seems to be demanding a steep price for it. According to Sports Illustrated’s Sam Amick, David Kahn has been calling the Lakers about trading the #2 pick and Beasley to them…in return for Andrew Bynum, the 23-year old 7-foot center who finished 3rd among centers in PER and has become an absolute monster on defense and on the glass, and who the Lakers may be hesitant to trade for Dwight Howard. I would not advise Timberwolves fans to hold their breaths on that deal happening.
If Bynum is the kind of return Kahn is expecting to get for the #2 pick, it looks like Williams may become a Timberwolf after all, and the team will probably be better off for it. Beasley is still young, and can score the ball on occasion, but based on what he’s shown in his career, he’s not worth trading a talent like Williams simply for the purpose of trading him.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 1
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 11
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights