Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Only two short years after he was drafted with the 5th overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves, point guard prospect Ricky Rubio actually physically arrived in Minnesota on Monday, and there was much rejoicing.
According to ESPN1500 Twin Cities, who the video comes courtesy of, Rubio was greeted by “about 200” fans and media members when he showed up at the airport with Timberwolves GM David Kahn. Watch the video to see Rubio navigate through crowds and sign some autographs, and David Kahn look very relieved that one of his top-5 picks is actually physically in the city his team plays in. People of Minnesota, the era of Rubio has begun.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33