Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
Only two short years after he was drafted with the 5th overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves, point guard prospect Ricky Rubio actually physically arrived in Minnesota on Monday, and there was much rejoicing.
According to ESPN1500 Twin Cities, who the video comes courtesy of, Rubio was greeted by “about 200″ fans and media members when he showed up at the airport with Timberwolves GM David Kahn. Watch the video to see Rubio navigate through crowds and sign some autographs, and David Kahn look very relieved that one of his top-5 picks is actually physically in the city his team plays in. People of Minnesota, the era of Rubio has begun.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1