Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Only two short years after he was drafted with the 5th overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves, point guard prospect Ricky Rubio actually physically arrived in Minnesota on Monday, and there was much rejoicing.
According to ESPN1500 Twin Cities, who the video comes courtesy of, Rubio was greeted by “about 200″ fans and media members when he showed up at the airport with Timberwolves GM David Kahn. Watch the video to see Rubio navigate through crowds and sign some autographs, and David Kahn look very relieved that one of his top-5 picks is actually physically in the city his team plays in. People of Minnesota, the era of Rubio has begun.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30