Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EST
Only two short years after he was drafted with the 5th overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves, point guard prospect Ricky Rubio actually physically arrived in Minnesota on Monday, and there was much rejoicing.
According to ESPN1500 Twin Cities, who the video comes courtesy of, Rubio was greeted by “about 200″ fans and media members when he showed up at the airport with Timberwolves GM David Kahn. Watch the video to see Rubio navigate through crowds and sign some autographs, and David Kahn look very relieved that one of his top-5 picks is actually physically in the city his team plays in. People of Minnesota, the era of Rubio has begun.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)