Jun 20, 2011, 4:38 PM EDT
Only two short years after he was drafted with the 5th overall pick by the Minnesota Timberwolves, point guard prospect Ricky Rubio actually physically arrived in Minnesota on Monday, and there was much rejoicing.
According to ESPN1500 Twin Cities, who the video comes courtesy of, Rubio was greeted by “about 200″ fans and media members when he showed up at the airport with Timberwolves GM David Kahn. Watch the video to see Rubio navigate through crowds and sign some autographs, and David Kahn look very relieved that one of his top-5 picks is actually physically in the city his team plays in. People of Minnesota, the era of Rubio has begun.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17