Jun 20, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette and how he fits in the NBA divides scouts and fans, but there is one thing almost all agree on — he’s a better fit in a wide-open offensive system where he would have more of a green light.
For example, Mike D’Antoni’s system with the New York Knicks.
Which explains why ESPN’s Chad Ford is reporting (behind ESPN’s pay wall) the Knicks are trying to move up in the draft to see if they can get Jimmer.
Sources say that the Charlotte Bobcats (9), Milwaukee Bucks (10) and Golden State Warriors (11) are also open to moving their picks. In this case the interest is all pretty specific. The Knicks, and a handful of other teams, are trying to get ahead of the Jazz. The target? BYU’s Jimmer Fredette.
Interesting, but the Knicks are not exactly loaded with trade assets (those all went to Denver to get Carmelo Anthony, thank you very much James Dolan). Can Landry Fields and the No.17 pick move you up seven spots or so?
Is that worth it to get Jimmer? There is no way Jimmer falls to 17. There are a lot of teams willing to move picks in this draft but not a lot of teams willing to give up quality assets to move up. At least not yet.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (67)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'