Jun 20, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
Gambling, the thing that drives horse racing and the NFL. (What, you don’t think fantasy leagues and weekly pools help the NFL’s popularity?) If you’re more an NBA guy, how about betting on the NBA Draft?
The fine folks at Bodog sent over their odds on the NBA draft, and there are some interesting lines out there as things start to get interesting at No. 3 with the Utah Jazz.
Who will be the 3rd Player selected in the NBA Draft?
Brandon Knight 1/3 (bet $3 to win $1)
Enes Kanter 5/2
Jimmer Fredette 17/2
Kemba Walker 15/1
(If you are betting that Jimmer is going No. 3, I would propose instead you make your checks out to the “PBT Beer Fund” and just send the money to me. Thanks.)
Who will be the 4th Player selected in the NBA Draft?
Enes Kanter 10/11
Jonas Valanciunas 3/2
Jan Vesely 7/2
Kawhi Leonard 15/1
Some other bets of interest:
Will Jimmer Fredette (BYU) be a Lottery Pick?
Yes -180 (5//9)
No +140 (7/5)
Will the Minnesota Timberwolves trade their second overall pick in the draft?
Yes -140 (5/7)
No +100 (1/1)
Will Marcus Morris and Markieff Morris both be drafted by the same team?
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 37
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85