Jun 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Marcus Morris should have some swagger — he was the leading scorer on a very good Kansas team last season.
He has a good back-to-the-basket game, is a good rebounder and works hard. He has a jump shot you need to respect (needs to improve it, but it’s nice) and he can put the ball on the floor and get around you. There are questions if he is athletic enough to hang with the guys he’ll match up with at the next level — he keeps saying he’s an NBA three, scouts say he’s an undersized four — but he will be a lottery pick this year.
Morris seems to think that is underestimating his talents. That seems to be what he told the Deseret News after he worked out for the Jazz.
“Honestly, I think I’m the most complete player in the draft,” the 6-9 Morris said. “I think I’m one of those guys that can just do a lot. (There are) lots of parts of my game I can hang my hat on.”
What did the Jazz think about that?
But Walt Perrin, the Jazz’s vice president of player personnel, laughed when asked to comment on Morris’ confident comment….
“That’s his opinion,” Perrin said, smiling. “His opinion doesn’t count on draft night.”
In most drafts, where Morris would fall to around the end of the lottery (15ish) he is a good pick. With him more likely to go around 10 (NBC/Rotoworld’s Steve Alexander has him going No. 10 to the Bucks) more will be expected of him. Morris thinks he can live up to that.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30