Jun 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EST
Marcus Morris should have some swagger — he was the leading scorer on a very good Kansas team last season.
He has a good back-to-the-basket game, is a good rebounder and works hard. He has a jump shot you need to respect (needs to improve it, but it’s nice) and he can put the ball on the floor and get around you. There are questions if he is athletic enough to hang with the guys he’ll match up with at the next level — he keeps saying he’s an NBA three, scouts say he’s an undersized four — but he will be a lottery pick this year.
Morris seems to think that is underestimating his talents. That seems to be what he told the Deseret News after he worked out for the Jazz.
“Honestly, I think I’m the most complete player in the draft,” the 6-9 Morris said. “I think I’m one of those guys that can just do a lot. (There are) lots of parts of my game I can hang my hat on.”
What did the Jazz think about that?
But Walt Perrin, the Jazz’s vice president of player personnel, laughed when asked to comment on Morris’ confident comment….
“That’s his opinion,” Perrin said, smiling. “His opinion doesn’t count on draft night.”
In most drafts, where Morris would fall to around the end of the lottery (15ish) he is a good pick. With him more likely to go around 10 (NBC/Rotoworld’s Steve Alexander has him going No. 10 to the Bucks) more will be expected of him. Morris thinks he can live up to that.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6