Jun 20, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
Marcus Morris should have some swagger — he was the leading scorer on a very good Kansas team last season.
He has a good back-to-the-basket game, is a good rebounder and works hard. He has a jump shot you need to respect (needs to improve it, but it’s nice) and he can put the ball on the floor and get around you. There are questions if he is athletic enough to hang with the guys he’ll match up with at the next level — he keeps saying he’s an NBA three, scouts say he’s an undersized four — but he will be a lottery pick this year.
Morris seems to think that is underestimating his talents. That seems to be what he told the Deseret News after he worked out for the Jazz.
“Honestly, I think I’m the most complete player in the draft,” the 6-9 Morris said. “I think I’m one of those guys that can just do a lot. (There are) lots of parts of my game I can hang my hat on.”
What did the Jazz think about that?
But Walt Perrin, the Jazz’s vice president of player personnel, laughed when asked to comment on Morris’ confident comment….
“That’s his opinion,” Perrin said, smiling. “His opinion doesn’t count on draft night.”
In most drafts, where Morris would fall to around the end of the lottery (15ish) he is a good pick. With him more likely to go around 10 (NBC/Rotoworld’s Steve Alexander has him going No. 10 to the Bucks) more will be expected of him. Morris thinks he can live up to that.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14