Jun 20, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
Those efforts to trade Iggy are heating up and he could be moved on or before draft day, according to Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia wants to move forward with their plans and doesn’t want their drama with Iguodala to drag out during the lengthy labor talks, which will keep teams from trading players. A deal appears inevitable at this point, with sources close to Iguodala confirming that he’s open to a trade and doesn’t expect to be back in Philadelphia next season. Kaman gives them the size that they’re looking for in a trade, but he’s also an expiring contract after next season. Sources close to the situation have said that the Sixers don’t want to swap Iguodala for another player with a lengthy contract so the fact that Kaman only has one-year, $12.2 million remaining on his deal is attractive to Philadelphia.
Other teams, including the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors, have called the 76ers, but they’re not able to offer the size or financial flexibility that the Clippers can with Kaman.
Iguodala has said he would like to play for the Clippers, which makes a lot of sense because he is exactly what that team needs to become dangerous. What the Clippers lack is a guy who can create his own shot from the wing and be a good perimeter defender, and Iggy is very good at both.
The Sixers will want sweeteners to make that deal work (PG Eric Bledsoe?). But whether it is the Clippers or another deal still under wraps with another team, keep watching Iguodala, he may well be the biggest name moved on draft night.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5