Jun 20, 2011, 10:46 AM EDT
Those efforts to trade Iggy are heating up and he could be moved on or before draft day, according to Alex Kennedy at Hoopsworld.
Meanwhile, Philadelphia wants to move forward with their plans and doesn’t want their drama with Iguodala to drag out during the lengthy labor talks, which will keep teams from trading players. A deal appears inevitable at this point, with sources close to Iguodala confirming that he’s open to a trade and doesn’t expect to be back in Philadelphia next season. Kaman gives them the size that they’re looking for in a trade, but he’s also an expiring contract after next season. Sources close to the situation have said that the Sixers don’t want to swap Iguodala for another player with a lengthy contract so the fact that Kaman only has one-year, $12.2 million remaining on his deal is attractive to Philadelphia.
Other teams, including the Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors, have called the 76ers, but they’re not able to offer the size or financial flexibility that the Clippers can with Kaman.
Iguodala has said he would like to play for the Clippers, which makes a lot of sense because he is exactly what that team needs to become dangerous. What the Clippers lack is a guy who can create his own shot from the wing and be a good perimeter defender, and Iggy is very good at both.
The Sixers will want sweeteners to make that deal work (PG Eric Bledsoe?). But whether it is the Clippers or another deal still under wraps with another team, keep watching Iguodala, he may well be the biggest name moved on draft night.
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43