Jun 18, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall was given the honor of throwing out the first pitch before the Nationals played the Orioles on Friday night, and let’s just say things could have gone better.
As you’ll see in the following video, it all began innocently enough. Wall calmly walked to the mound, took the ball, did a semi-windup while lifting his left leg … and then proceeded to throw the ball directly into the ground, bouncing it far to the left of where the catcher was waiting at home plate.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19