Jun 18, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall was given the honor of throwing out the first pitch before the Nationals played the Orioles on Friday night, and let’s just say things could have gone better.
As you’ll see in the following video, it all began innocently enough. Wall calmly walked to the mound, took the ball, did a semi-windup while lifting his left leg … and then proceeded to throw the ball directly into the ground, bouncing it far to the left of where the catcher was waiting at home plate.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90