Jun 18, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall was given the honor of throwing out the first pitch before the Nationals played the Orioles on Friday night, and let’s just say things could have gone better.
As you’ll see in the following video, it all began innocently enough. Wall calmly walked to the mound, took the ball, did a semi-windup while lifting his left leg … and then proceeded to throw the ball directly into the ground, bouncing it far to the left of where the catcher was waiting at home plate.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43