Jun 18, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Wizards point guard John Wall was given the honor of throwing out the first pitch before the Nationals played the Orioles on Friday night, and let’s just say things could have gone better.
As you’ll see in the following video, it all began innocently enough. Wall calmly walked to the mound, took the ball, did a semi-windup while lifting his left leg … and then proceeded to throw the ball directly into the ground, bouncing it far to the left of where the catcher was waiting at home plate.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7