Jun 17, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Finally after two months of not meeting, not talking seriously about the future, General Manager David Kahn and coach Kurt Rambis finally sat down to talk about where the Minnesota Timberwolves are headed.
What took so long? Apparently Kahn had assigned Rambis homework — he wanted a written report from Rambis about changes needed. And said report was the primary topic of discussion, according to the Associated Press.
Minnesota Timberwolves President David Kahn says he asked Kurt Rambis to write a report about the changes he would make as coach if he comes back for a third season as head coach.
Kahn says he met with Rambis for four hours on Thursday night and planned to meet with him again Friday to discuss the report that Rambis turned in last week.
Kahn wouldn’t say what the timetable is for a decision on Rambis’ future.
Is this really all that hard? You needed to wait two months and discuss a written report? (“I want it to be at least 10 pages, double spaced, done with appropriate footnotes, and don’t try to use a big font just so you can write less.”) Sit down face-to-face, talk and see if you are on the same page still, make a decision. Do it within a couple weeks of the season ending. It’s big decision, but it’s not rocket science.
That said, Kahn needs to make sure whatever choice he makes works. He needs to make sure Ricky Rubio works. Because the bill on all his gambles is coming due.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48