Jun 17, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Finally after two months of not meeting, not talking seriously about the future, General Manager David Kahn and coach Kurt Rambis finally sat down to talk about where the Minnesota Timberwolves are headed.
What took so long? Apparently Kahn had assigned Rambis homework — he wanted a written report from Rambis about changes needed. And said report was the primary topic of discussion, according to the Associated Press.
Minnesota Timberwolves President David Kahn says he asked Kurt Rambis to write a report about the changes he would make as coach if he comes back for a third season as head coach.
Kahn says he met with Rambis for four hours on Thursday night and planned to meet with him again Friday to discuss the report that Rambis turned in last week.
Kahn wouldn’t say what the timetable is for a decision on Rambis’ future.
Is this really all that hard? You needed to wait two months and discuss a written report? (“I want it to be at least 10 pages, double spaced, done with appropriate footnotes, and don’t try to use a big font just so you can write less.”) Sit down face-to-face, talk and see if you are on the same page still, make a decision. Do it within a couple weeks of the season ending. It’s big decision, but it’s not rocket science.
That said, Kahn needs to make sure whatever choice he makes works. He needs to make sure Ricky Rubio works. Because the bill on all his gambles is coming due.
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 0
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 9
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 44
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 17
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 44
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record