Jun 17, 2011, 4:36 PM EST
Finally after two months of not meeting, not talking seriously about the future, General Manager David Kahn and coach Kurt Rambis finally sat down to talk about where the Minnesota Timberwolves are headed.
What took so long? Apparently Kahn had assigned Rambis homework — he wanted a written report from Rambis about changes needed. And said report was the primary topic of discussion, according to the Associated Press.
Minnesota Timberwolves President David Kahn says he asked Kurt Rambis to write a report about the changes he would make as coach if he comes back for a third season as head coach.
Kahn says he met with Rambis for four hours on Thursday night and planned to meet with him again Friday to discuss the report that Rambis turned in last week.
Kahn wouldn’t say what the timetable is for a decision on Rambis’ future.
Is this really all that hard? You needed to wait two months and discuss a written report? (“I want it to be at least 10 pages, double spaced, done with appropriate footnotes, and don’t try to use a big font just so you can write less.”) Sit down face-to-face, talk and see if you are on the same page still, make a decision. Do it within a couple weeks of the season ending. It’s big decision, but it’s not rocket science.
That said, Kahn needs to make sure whatever choice he makes works. He needs to make sure Ricky Rubio works. Because the bill on all his gambles is coming due.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 14
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 7
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)