Jun 17, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
We’ve discussed before that with deal-making Jerry West in the house and a push for some changes in Golden State, Monta Ellis was being made available.
Fourth leading scorer in the NBA, can create his own shot, bring some swagger to the offense, up your team’s tattoo quotient… not a lot of interest around the league. Not as much as you’d think anyway.
Golden State really working the phone lines to move Monta Ellis. Having a hard time drumming up interest. Might get 70 cents on the dollar…. Sounds like the Ellis camp is working the phones also tryin to land in Chicago or Orlando. So far Philly is lukewarm & Clippers not inclined…. A lot of teams feel that Monta is not a winner & have concerns about locker room effect. Teams most likely to fit ORL, NJ, IND, PHO.
Ellis brings some real skills to the table, but it only works in a place that is the right fit. Next Derrick Rose in Chicago, to create a small backcourt of ball-dominating guards, is not a good one. The Clippers need a three not a two. Philly makes a little more sense but the price of Andre Iguodala is a very steep one and would radically alter the team. Orlando needs to do something to shake up the roster and keep Dwight Howard, that at least makes some sense.
Point is, not everyone wants what you are offering which makes doing these kinds of deals are hard — and may be a lot harder after we see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10