Jun 17, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
We’ve discussed before that with deal-making Jerry West in the house and a push for some changes in Golden State, Monta Ellis was being made available.
Fourth leading scorer in the NBA, can create his own shot, bring some swagger to the offense, up your team’s tattoo quotient… not a lot of interest around the league. Not as much as you’d think anyway.
Golden State really working the phone lines to move Monta Ellis. Having a hard time drumming up interest. Might get 70 cents on the dollar…. Sounds like the Ellis camp is working the phones also tryin to land in Chicago or Orlando. So far Philly is lukewarm & Clippers not inclined…. A lot of teams feel that Monta is not a winner & have concerns about locker room effect. Teams most likely to fit ORL, NJ, IND, PHO.
Ellis brings some real skills to the table, but it only works in a place that is the right fit. Next Derrick Rose in Chicago, to create a small backcourt of ball-dominating guards, is not a good one. The Clippers need a three not a two. Philly makes a little more sense but the price of Andre Iguodala is a very steep one and would radically alter the team. Orlando needs to do something to shake up the roster and keep Dwight Howard, that at least makes some sense.
Point is, not everyone wants what you are offering which makes doing these kinds of deals are hard — and may be a lot harder after we see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29