Jun 17, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks players have waiting too long for their championship rings (or whatever they get) to go Ron Artest and action the hardware off for charity.
The money raised in an auction — which ends June 26 — will go to the Jason Terry Foundation which “is a youth based organization, focused on helping others obtain dreams (H.O.O.D.), through education, self-empowerment, and community involvement.” The foundation donates to a number of youth charities in Texas, organizing coat drives for the homeless at Mavericks games and more.
If you have the money and want Terry’s Reeboks, this is a good reason to do it.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29