Jun 17, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks players have waiting too long for their championship rings (or whatever they get) to go Ron Artest and action the hardware off for charity.
The money raised in an auction — which ends June 26 — will go to the Jason Terry Foundation which “is a youth based organization, focused on helping others obtain dreams (H.O.O.D.), through education, self-empowerment, and community involvement.” The foundation donates to a number of youth charities in Texas, organizing coat drives for the homeless at Mavericks games and more.
If you have the money and want Terry’s Reeboks, this is a good reason to do it.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4