Jun 17, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks players have waiting too long for their championship rings (or whatever they get) to go Ron Artest and action the hardware off for charity.
The money raised in an auction — which ends June 26 — will go to the Jason Terry Foundation which “is a youth based organization, focused on helping others obtain dreams (H.O.O.D.), through education, self-empowerment, and community involvement.” The foundation donates to a number of youth charities in Texas, organizing coat drives for the homeless at Mavericks games and more.
If you have the money and want Terry’s Reeboks, this is a good reason to do it.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59