Jun 17, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT
The Dallas Mavericks players have waiting too long for their championship rings (or whatever they get) to go Ron Artest and action the hardware off for charity.
The money raised in an auction — which ends June 26 — will go to the Jason Terry Foundation which “is a youth based organization, focused on helping others obtain dreams (H.O.O.D.), through education, self-empowerment, and community involvement.” The foundation donates to a number of youth charities in Texas, organizing coat drives for the homeless at Mavericks games and more.
If you have the money and want Terry’s Reeboks, this is a good reason to do it.
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 3
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 11
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32