Jun 17, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
I came out of Game 6, and really these entire playoffs, liking Chris Bosh more than I did going in. And I liked him going in.
On the court in the playoffs he showed how he can be a quality counterbalance to the Heat’s ball handling combination of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. When given a mismatch to exploit, he did so well.
But after the Game 6 loss he left the court and collapsed in tears. For some out there, that was another reason to mock the big man, and he was asked bout those tears in his post season interview, as recorded by the Miami Herald.
“I haven’t experienced that pain in a very long time,” Bosh said. “To be so close and work so hard and come up short, it just got to me. It took over me.
“I’m not an emotional guy. I couldn’t help it. I got it out of me and feel a lot better.”
Bosh’s postgame emotion showed me how much he cared. How much he wanted it. No arrogant remarks to the media, just a guy who sounded humbled and clearly hurt.
Bosh can get overshadowed by LeBron and Wade, he is not a guy with a big personality. But after Game 6, he seemed more humanized, I could relate to him more. The loss felt personal to him. I have no doubt Bosh will come back next playoffs better, and more mentally prepared to take one more step forward.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 7
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1