Jun 16, 2011, 8:13 AM EST
Next season, whenever that starts, Ricky Rubio will be with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Whether he brings a jump shot with him is another question, but he will be here.
So what was with his little comment a day ago that he is still talking with Barcelona (the Spanish team where he has played the last two years)?
It’s about money. Like it always it is. Chris Sheridan at ESPN has the details.
Ricky Rubio has already signed a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the holdup keeping him from leaving Barcelona is related to his buyout agreement, multiple sources told ESPN.com.
“This is just a bump in the road for (the Timberwolves),” said one source.
That was supposed to be a $1.2 million buyout. The Wolves can only pay, $500,000 of that. You can bet that part of the negotiations include where Rubio will play next year if there is an NBA lockout.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)