Jun 16, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
Next season, whenever that starts, Ricky Rubio will be with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Whether he brings a jump shot with him is another question, but he will be here.
So what was with his little comment a day ago that he is still talking with Barcelona (the Spanish team where he has played the last two years)?
It’s about money. Like it always it is. Chris Sheridan at ESPN has the details.
Ricky Rubio has already signed a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the holdup keeping him from leaving Barcelona is related to his buyout agreement, multiple sources told ESPN.com.
“This is just a bump in the road for (the Timberwolves),” said one source.
That was supposed to be a $1.2 million buyout. The Wolves can only pay, $500,000 of that. You can bet that part of the negotiations include where Rubio will play next year if there is an NBA lockout.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 8
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 8
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18