Jun 16, 2011, 8:13 AM EDT
Next season, whenever that starts, Ricky Rubio will be with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Whether he brings a jump shot with him is another question, but he will be here.
So what was with his little comment a day ago that he is still talking with Barcelona (the Spanish team where he has played the last two years)?
It’s about money. Like it always it is. Chris Sheridan at ESPN has the details.
Ricky Rubio has already signed a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the holdup keeping him from leaving Barcelona is related to his buyout agreement, multiple sources told ESPN.com.
“This is just a bump in the road for (the Timberwolves),” said one source.
That was supposed to be a $1.2 million buyout. The Wolves can only pay, $500,000 of that. You can bet that part of the negotiations include where Rubio will play next year if there is an NBA lockout.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 4
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 7
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 15
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4