Jun 16, 2011, 8:13 AM EST
Next season, whenever that starts, Ricky Rubio will be with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Whether he brings a jump shot with him is another question, but he will be here.
So what was with his little comment a day ago that he is still talking with Barcelona (the Spanish team where he has played the last two years)?
It’s about money. Like it always it is. Chris Sheridan at ESPN has the details.
Ricky Rubio has already signed a contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves and the holdup keeping him from leaving Barcelona is related to his buyout agreement, multiple sources told ESPN.com.
“This is just a bump in the road for (the Timberwolves),” said one source.
That was supposed to be a $1.2 million buyout. The Wolves can only pay, $500,000 of that. You can bet that part of the negotiations include where Rubio will play next year if there is an NBA lockout.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11