Jun 16, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
At this point, there is no move the Cavaliers can make that would surprise me. Because, at this point — the absolute nadir of a rebuilding process — what player on that roster do you have to keep?
2 players you can talk to Cavs about now: Ramon Sessions & JJ Hickson. Andy Varejao not available for just a draft pick.
We have known Sessions has been on the market for a while, and you can bet at some point a deal for him will happen (whether that is before the draft is hard to say).
If they really are willing to move Anderson Varejao there may be interest from contenders, he is a guy who can come in and do the dirty work for them. But with Varejao having at least three more years and $27 million owed him (he can be bought out of the last year of his deal) teams will want to see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement before taking on that salary.
Still, look for the Cavaliers to be active with trades. They need to be. They need to do a lot of things.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay