Jun 16, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
At this point, there is no move the Cavaliers can make that would surprise me. Because, at this point — the absolute nadir of a rebuilding process — what player on that roster do you have to keep?
2 players you can talk to Cavs about now: Ramon Sessions & JJ Hickson. Andy Varejao not available for just a draft pick.
We have known Sessions has been on the market for a while, and you can bet at some point a deal for him will happen (whether that is before the draft is hard to say).
If they really are willing to move Anderson Varejao there may be interest from contenders, he is a guy who can come in and do the dirty work for them. But with Varejao having at least three more years and $27 million owed him (he can be bought out of the last year of his deal) teams will want to see the new Collective Bargaining Agreement before taking on that salary.
Still, look for the Cavaliers to be active with trades. They need to be. They need to do a lot of things.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7