Jun 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
And the string of off-season minor surgeries continues, next up Quentin Richardson of the Orlando Magic.
He had surgery to repair a disc in his lower back, according to the Orlando Sentinel (who spoke to him). It took place last week and he is expected to be sidelined only a couple of months. So, even if training camps start on time Richardson will be ready to roll.
Richardson has a very reasonable three years, $7.9 million left on his contract. Last season he averaged 16.8 minutes per game and averaged 4.4 points per game. His three point shooting took a sharp drop down to 28.8 percent, something that if he can get to bounce back up would help increase the number of minutes he gets.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 34
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4