Jun 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
And the string of off-season minor surgeries continues, next up Quentin Richardson of the Orlando Magic.
He had surgery to repair a disc in his lower back, according to the Orlando Sentinel (who spoke to him). It took place last week and he is expected to be sidelined only a couple of months. So, even if training camps start on time Richardson will be ready to roll.
Richardson has a very reasonable three years, $7.9 million left on his contract. Last season he averaged 16.8 minutes per game and averaged 4.4 points per game. His three point shooting took a sharp drop down to 28.8 percent, something that if he can get to bounce back up would help increase the number of minutes he gets.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 6
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34