Jun 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
And the string of off-season minor surgeries continues, next up Quentin Richardson of the Orlando Magic.
He had surgery to repair a disc in his lower back, according to the Orlando Sentinel (who spoke to him). It took place last week and he is expected to be sidelined only a couple of months. So, even if training camps start on time Richardson will be ready to roll.
Richardson has a very reasonable three years, $7.9 million left on his contract. Last season he averaged 16.8 minutes per game and averaged 4.4 points per game. His three point shooting took a sharp drop down to 28.8 percent, something that if he can get to bounce back up would help increase the number of minutes he gets.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 0
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 2
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 17
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21