Jun 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
And the string of off-season minor surgeries continues, next up Quentin Richardson of the Orlando Magic.
He had surgery to repair a disc in his lower back, according to the Orlando Sentinel (who spoke to him). It took place last week and he is expected to be sidelined only a couple of months. So, even if training camps start on time Richardson will be ready to roll.
Richardson has a very reasonable three years, $7.9 million left on his contract. Last season he averaged 16.8 minutes per game and averaged 4.4 points per game. His three point shooting took a sharp drop down to 28.8 percent, something that if he can get to bounce back up would help increase the number of minutes he gets.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5