Jun 16, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
And the string of off-season minor surgeries continues, next up Quentin Richardson of the Orlando Magic.
He had surgery to repair a disc in his lower back, according to the Orlando Sentinel (who spoke to him). It took place last week and he is expected to be sidelined only a couple of months. So, even if training camps start on time Richardson will be ready to roll.
Richardson has a very reasonable three years, $7.9 million left on his contract. Last season he averaged 16.8 minutes per game and averaged 4.4 points per game. His three point shooting took a sharp drop down to 28.8 percent, something that if he can get to bounce back up would help increase the number of minutes he gets.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2