Jun 16, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Via Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Kings say forward Jason Thompson has a fracture in right great toe. He will wear a walking boot for 4-6 weeks before re-evaluation.
The arrival of DeMarcus Cousins in Sacramento meant that Thompson had to give up a significant chunk of his minutes in the 2010-11 season — in his third season in the NBA, Thompson averaged career-lows in minutes, rebounds, points, and free throw percentage. Next year will be the last season of Thompson’s rookie contract, and the Kings will have the option to extend Thompson a qualifying offer next summer.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13