Jun 16, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Via Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Kings say forward Jason Thompson has a fracture in right great toe. He will wear a walking boot for 4-6 weeks before re-evaluation.
The arrival of DeMarcus Cousins in Sacramento meant that Thompson had to give up a significant chunk of his minutes in the 2010-11 season — in his third season in the NBA, Thompson averaged career-lows in minutes, rebounds, points, and free throw percentage. Next year will be the last season of Thompson’s rookie contract, and the Kings will have the option to extend Thompson a qualifying offer next summer.
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8