Jun 16, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Via Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Kings say forward Jason Thompson has a fracture in right great toe. He will wear a walking boot for 4-6 weeks before re-evaluation.
The arrival of DeMarcus Cousins in Sacramento meant that Thompson had to give up a significant chunk of his minutes in the 2010-11 season — in his third season in the NBA, Thompson averaged career-lows in minutes, rebounds, points, and free throw percentage. Next year will be the last season of Thompson’s rookie contract, and the Kings will have the option to extend Thompson a qualifying offer next summer.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10