Jun 16, 2011, 6:17 PM EDT
Via Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports:
Kings say forward Jason Thompson has a fracture in right great toe. He will wear a walking boot for 4-6 weeks before re-evaluation.
The arrival of DeMarcus Cousins in Sacramento meant that Thompson had to give up a significant chunk of his minutes in the 2010-11 season — in his third season in the NBA, Thompson averaged career-lows in minutes, rebounds, points, and free throw percentage. Next year will be the last season of Thompson’s rookie contract, and the Kings will have the option to extend Thompson a qualifying offer next summer.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21