Jun 16, 2011, 4:19 PM EST
Somebody got a promise.
Reggie Jackson, the lightning quick Boston College point guard who turned heads with his long wingspan (7’0” on a 6’3” frame) has cancelled the rest of his scheduled workouts, according to a tweet from ESPN’s Chad Ford.
Reggie Jackson canceled all of his workouts. Bulls, Pacers, Bobcats and Blazers all had him scheduled to come in.
Jackson did have a minor knee surgery to clean some things up in May, and for that reason was not at the NBA Draft Combine. That allegedly is the reason he is calling off the rest of his pre-draft workouts. He has done very few workouts, period.
It smells like somebody got a promise (a team told him they would take him). Ford adds that the Celtics and Nets deny making a promise to Jackson, although you should not believe a word anyone says about who they will take this time of years. A lot of teams like Jackson because in this era where you can’t touch a guy on the perimeter his speed has real value. He needs to work on his shooting (27 percent from three) and his hoops IQ needs to mature. But there is a player in there who could be a steal of the draft.
And it sounds like someone has told him they would take him.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 11
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30