Jun 15, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
Last night, Barcelona won to become the Spanish League champions once again.
And in the post game celebration, Rubio was asked about his future. A future that is supposed to include the Minnesota Timberwolves next season. But he sounded more vague, according to the Associated press.
Rubio said “we are taking with Barcelona and we will soon see” after Barca beat Bilbao for the Spanish league title on Tuesday night.
Most likely, they are having NBA lockout discussions. If the start of the NBA season is delayed (or a season lost) due to the owners and players not being able to agree to a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, it would make sense for Rubio to return to Barca for another season.
Rubio’s shooting struggles in Spain this season cost him his starting job with Barcelona. Whatever continent he plays on next season, fixing that needs to be the priority.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 2
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights