Jun 15, 2011, 10:31 AM EDT
Last night, Barcelona won to become the Spanish League champions once again.
And in the post game celebration, Rubio was asked about his future. A future that is supposed to include the Minnesota Timberwolves next season. But he sounded more vague, according to the Associated press.
Rubio said “we are taking with Barcelona and we will soon see” after Barca beat Bilbao for the Spanish league title on Tuesday night.
Most likely, they are having NBA lockout discussions. If the start of the NBA season is delayed (or a season lost) due to the owners and players not being able to agree to a new Collective Bargaining Agreement, it would make sense for Rubio to return to Barca for another season.
Rubio’s shooting struggles in Spain this season cost him his starting job with Barcelona. Whatever continent he plays on next season, fixing that needs to be the priority.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15