Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 PM EST
Jimmer Fredette is a guy moving his way up NBA draft boards.
Which thrills the marketing departments of a lot of teams, but that’s not why. On the court, Fredette is balling. He is knocking down shots but showing a more rounded game as well. Then he’s impressing front office types during interviews.
But teams wanted to see him work out against other top-flight guys from this draft — which is what happened Wednesday in Utah against Kemba Walker.
Jimmer wasn’t outplayed by Walker. Definitely held his own, according to four other players involved in workout.
In other comments Walker said Fredette was strong, fast and a good passer.
There are rumors that the Kings were wowed by Fredette at his workout for them and may snatch the BYU guard at No. 7. The Jazz are not going to take him at No. 3 (although who they will take is a mystery) but if Fredette falls to No. 12 they will have to seriously consider him.
The Jazz marketing department wants him badly, because they need something to sell for next season with Deron Williams gone and Fredette is virtually a walking god in Utah. But if the Jazz (or Kings) take him it will be because the kid can ball, and it sounds like he did that on Wednesday.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)