Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette is a guy moving his way up NBA draft boards.
Which thrills the marketing departments of a lot of teams, but that’s not why. On the court, Fredette is balling. He is knocking down shots but showing a more rounded game as well. Then he’s impressing front office types during interviews.
But teams wanted to see him work out against other top-flight guys from this draft — which is what happened Wednesday in Utah against Kemba Walker.
Jimmer wasn’t outplayed by Walker. Definitely held his own, according to four other players involved in workout.
In other comments Walker said Fredette was strong, fast and a good passer.
There are rumors that the Kings were wowed by Fredette at his workout for them and may snatch the BYU guard at No. 7. The Jazz are not going to take him at No. 3 (although who they will take is a mystery) but if Fredette falls to No. 12 they will have to seriously consider him.
The Jazz marketing department wants him badly, because they need something to sell for next season with Deron Williams gone and Fredette is virtually a walking god in Utah. But if the Jazz (or Kings) take him it will be because the kid can ball, and it sounds like he did that on Wednesday.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11