Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette is a guy moving his way up NBA draft boards.
Which thrills the marketing departments of a lot of teams, but that’s not why. On the court, Fredette is balling. He is knocking down shots but showing a more rounded game as well. Then he’s impressing front office types during interviews.
But teams wanted to see him work out against other top-flight guys from this draft — which is what happened Wednesday in Utah against Kemba Walker.
Jimmer wasn’t outplayed by Walker. Definitely held his own, according to four other players involved in workout.
In other comments Walker said Fredette was strong, fast and a good passer.
There are rumors that the Kings were wowed by Fredette at his workout for them and may snatch the BYU guard at No. 7. The Jazz are not going to take him at No. 3 (although who they will take is a mystery) but if Fredette falls to No. 12 they will have to seriously consider him.
The Jazz marketing department wants him badly, because they need something to sell for next season with Deron Williams gone and Fredette is virtually a walking god in Utah. But if the Jazz (or Kings) take him it will be because the kid can ball, and it sounds like he did that on Wednesday.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9