Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
Jimmer Fredette is a guy moving his way up NBA draft boards.
Which thrills the marketing departments of a lot of teams, but that’s not why. On the court, Fredette is balling. He is knocking down shots but showing a more rounded game as well. Then he’s impressing front office types during interviews.
But teams wanted to see him work out against other top-flight guys from this draft — which is what happened Wednesday in Utah against Kemba Walker.
Jimmer wasn’t outplayed by Walker. Definitely held his own, according to four other players involved in workout.
In other comments Walker said Fredette was strong, fast and a good passer.
There are rumors that the Kings were wowed by Fredette at his workout for them and may snatch the BYU guard at No. 7. The Jazz are not going to take him at No. 3 (although who they will take is a mystery) but if Fredette falls to No. 12 they will have to seriously consider him.
The Jazz marketing department wants him badly, because they need something to sell for next season with Deron Williams gone and Fredette is virtually a walking god in Utah. But if the Jazz (or Kings) take him it will be because the kid can ball, and it sounds like he did that on Wednesday.
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 17