Jun 15, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
One of these days I’ll have to watch an episode of “Basketball Wives” on VH1 to see what people are talking about. Right after I finish my lifelong dream of building the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks.
The mother of Chris Bosh’s child really wants to be on that show and enjoy all the perks of being a reality show star, so much so she is taking the Heat star to court for the chance, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Allison Mathis, Bosh’s ex-girlfriend, claims in a lawsuit filed Monday in Orange County Circuit Court that Bosh “intentionally, knowingly, maliciously and without justification interfered” in her employment, prompting the television show’s production company to fire her.
In early May, Bosh sued Mathis and Shed Media, the show’s production company, alleging that they were trying to exploit her former relationship with Bosh for “commercial gain.”
Jane E. Carey, Mathis’ attorney, released a statement that read: “Ms. Mathis was employed to appear on this season of the reality TV series “Basketball Wives.” Chris Bosh is using his vast money and all of the power that comes from his wealth and celebrity to silence her.”
The timing right after the finals — where Bosh acquitted himself well — is no accident. Bosh broke down in tears after the Game 6 loss and that plus how he handled himself at his post game made him seem more sympathetic and humanized him.
Every time I write about that show, I feel like I need a shower. Maybe I won’t watch it.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 0
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 15
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35