Jun 15, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
One of these days I’ll have to watch an episode of “Basketball Wives” on VH1 to see what people are talking about. Right after I finish my lifelong dream of building the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks.
The mother of Chris Bosh’s child really wants to be on that show and enjoy all the perks of being a reality show star, so much so she is taking the Heat star to court for the chance, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Allison Mathis, Bosh’s ex-girlfriend, claims in a lawsuit filed Monday in Orange County Circuit Court that Bosh “intentionally, knowingly, maliciously and without justification interfered” in her employment, prompting the television show’s production company to fire her.
In early May, Bosh sued Mathis and Shed Media, the show’s production company, alleging that they were trying to exploit her former relationship with Bosh for “commercial gain.”
Jane E. Carey, Mathis’ attorney, released a statement that read: “Ms. Mathis was employed to appear on this season of the reality TV series “Basketball Wives.” Chris Bosh is using his vast money and all of the power that comes from his wealth and celebrity to silence her.”
The timing right after the finals — where Bosh acquitted himself well — is no accident. Bosh broke down in tears after the Game 6 loss and that plus how he handled himself at his post game made him seem more sympathetic and humanized him.
Every time I write about that show, I feel like I need a shower. Maybe I won’t watch it.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28