Jun 15, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
One of these days I’ll have to watch an episode of “Basketball Wives” on VH1 to see what people are talking about. Right after I finish my lifelong dream of building the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks.
The mother of Chris Bosh’s child really wants to be on that show and enjoy all the perks of being a reality show star, so much so she is taking the Heat star to court for the chance, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Allison Mathis, Bosh’s ex-girlfriend, claims in a lawsuit filed Monday in Orange County Circuit Court that Bosh “intentionally, knowingly, maliciously and without justification interfered” in her employment, prompting the television show’s production company to fire her.
In early May, Bosh sued Mathis and Shed Media, the show’s production company, alleging that they were trying to exploit her former relationship with Bosh for “commercial gain.”
Jane E. Carey, Mathis’ attorney, released a statement that read: “Ms. Mathis was employed to appear on this season of the reality TV series “Basketball Wives.” Chris Bosh is using his vast money and all of the power that comes from his wealth and celebrity to silence her.”
The timing right after the finals — where Bosh acquitted himself well — is no accident. Bosh broke down in tears after the Game 6 loss and that plus how he handled himself at his post game made him seem more sympathetic and humanized him.
Every time I write about that show, I feel like I need a shower. Maybe I won’t watch it.
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 10
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10