Bosh’s ex drags him into court over “Basketball Wives”

Jun 15, 2011, 4:01 PM EST

NBA Finals Mavericks Heat Basketball

One of these days I’ll have to watch an episode of “Basketball Wives” on VH1 to see what people are talking about. Right after I finish my lifelong dream of building the Eiffel Tower out of toothpicks.

The mother of Chris Bosh’s child really wants to be on that show and enjoy all the perks of being a reality show star, so much so she is taking the Heat star to court for the chance, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Allison Mathis, Bosh’s ex-girlfriend, claims in a lawsuit filed Monday in Orange County Circuit Court that Bosh “intentionally, knowingly, maliciously and without justification interfered” in her employment, prompting the television show’s production company to fire her.

In early May, Bosh sued Mathis and Shed Media, the show’s production company, alleging that they were trying to exploit her former relationship with Bosh for “commercial gain.”

Jane E. Carey, Mathis’ attorney, released a statement that read: “Ms. Mathis was employed to appear on this season of the reality TV series “Basketball Wives.” Chris Bosh is using his vast money and all of the power that comes from his wealth and celebrity to silence her.”

The timing right after the finals — where Bosh acquitted himself well — is no accident. Bosh broke down in tears after the Game 6 loss and that plus how he handled himself at his post game made him seem more sympathetic and humanized him.

Bosh is not alone in his desire to keep his baby mama off that show, Dwight Howard won a judgment against his because she spoke about their relationship on an episode.

Every time I write about that show, I feel like I need a shower. Maybe I won’t watch it.

1. nfl25 - Jun 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I don’t know why so many people hate on bosh. I think he got decent game. And he is nowhere near as annoying as wade, lebron, and chalmers. I get mad at him for what I should get mad, he always seems to knock down those damn jumpers. As an athlete u should be hated for playing good, not for being annoying. I know he slams his chest and all when he dunks but I can deal with that. Im cool as long as you don’t whine and flop all game.

He does look like a flamingo though

• trossboss - Jun 15, 2011 at 5:47 PM

You’ve got it wrong. He looks like an Avatar.

• edweird0 - Jun 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM

You’re both wrong. He looks like a Velociraptor.

• fouldwimmerlaik - Jun 16, 2011 at 3:22 PM

With that long freaky neck, I vote for E.T.

I think the reason people dislike him sp much is he is referred to as part of “The Big Three”. He isn’t big. He has a decent game, I agree. But he isn’t “Big Three” That is why many people refer to it sarcastically as “The Big 2 1/2″. Bosh was sort of the idiot little kid that Lebron and Wade brought along with them to Miami for fun.

Then, during the season, he said a lot of stupid crap like when he complained that the Bulls (I think it was them) were playing too hard and should not hustle as much or they might hurt him. He is kind of a pansy douche. That is why people don’t like him.

Oh, and he does look funny.

• thetooloftools - Sep 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Bosh must be consulting with LeBron James marketing idiots.

2. coltsfanindc - Jun 15, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I hate that show n every show like it! hope Chris wins.

Go Heat 2011-12!!!!

• heathavoc - Jun 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I hope the judge throws her out and fines her for wasting the tax payers time and money. She has her trophy, a baby by a rich man , now she wants to use his name and their relationship to gain more money? The show is called Basketball Wives and they’re not married. What if there were a show called,” The Real Basketball Stars of Orange County Who Dated a Dirty Groupie and Now She Wants All of Their Money”? , I wonider how many women would try to keep their name out of that show?

3. heathavoc - Jun 15, 2011 at 6:24 PM

4. 00maltliquor - Jun 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I’ve actually watched a few of those shows (in utter disgust). Those “women” are the most trashiest, nastiest, snakiest, filthiest cum dumpsters I have ever seen. The show and those groupies antics are the embodiment of everything wrong. The worst part is none of these hookers are actually married. They are all bitter ex-wives, ex-girlfriends, ex-groupies/one night stands/jump-offs trying to cash in on someone elses fame and status like they are actually doing something with thier lives. I pray that Bosh wins on this one, all those winches need a damn muzzle,keep they’re legs closed and get a life of their own.

• savocabol1 - Jun 16, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I too have been forced to watch this show. The thing that I do not get it these chicks are for the most part all ugly. Some are decent, but most of them have been hit with an ugly stick.

5. dsharpe8 - Jun 15, 2011 at 11:35 PM

That show can be entertaining at times, but it’s a show that’s really all about ex-girlfriends, ex-wives, and groupies who’s trying to catch their beat. It’s everything that’s wrong with this country today. Also my black sisters wonder why we treat them the way we do cause most are money hungry and only see dollar signs…

6. neeciekay - Jun 17, 2011 at 4:47 PM

HOW ABOUT THESE ATHELETES USE CONDOMS WHEN THEY SCREW THESE SKANKS!! Quit makin babies wit these dames, and they won’t have these problems. . .not rocket science. BTW I’d NEVER watch that show, the trailers and previews disgust me alone! Nor would I let my teenage daughter watch it. Another pointless reality show, ruining someone’s reputation. . .this country’s entertainment guru’s are getting so lame and allowant of nonsense. That’s why when sports are done, I watch TVLand!!

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches