Jun 14, 2011, 3:28 PM EST
Ron Artest with the Clippers? Instead of the Kings?
Monday night Artest went on a little twitter binge looking back over the course of his career and it included the story where he was almost traded to the Clippers. Here are all the posts
Did ya know when I got traded to sac (Sacramento) that I was in a meeting with the Clippers!! Elgin [Baylor, then Clippers GM] accepted the Corey maggette trade! I was a clipper for ten mins… Then in the middle of our conversation with Elgin, coach (Mike) Dunleavy and mark stevens my agent… Right in the middle of the our talks about how we gonna bring a ring to the Clippers Donnie Walsh (then Pacers president) called Mike and said Corey failed… the physical then I went back on suspension with Indiana. I was in LA for three months. Then two weeks later Sactown traded Peja (Stojakovic) for me.Kings were in last place after (the All-Star break) then I got there and we went to the playoffs!
Those 2006 Clippers were pretty good — they had a healthy and active Elton Brand and Sam Cassell, they not only made the playoffs but advanced to the second round and took the Suns seven games that series. With Artest in for Maggette… who knows. They wouldn’t have won a ring but that would have been interesting.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 0
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1