Jun 14, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Somebody is going to hire Dwane Casey and be glad they did. He is the coach behind the defensive schemes that just earned Dallas a ring (or whatever they are getting).
Detroit is going to interview the Dallas assistant, according to Ken Berger at CBS.
Mike Woodson has been considered a front-runner there, former Pistons legend Bill Lambier was in the second chair and Kelvin Sampson and Lawrence Frank have been interviewed as well. Casey may be near the top of the list.
Casey was the former Timberwolves coach who did an underrated job there and really deserves another shot. It may or may not be with the reforming Pistons, but somebody needs to give him a shot.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)