LeBron congratulates Dallas on NBA crown

Jun 14, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT

Dallas Mavericks v Miami Heat - Game Six Getty Images

LeBron James issued this statement on his Web site Tuesday afternoon.

Congratulations Mavericks on the championship
…especially Dirk, J.Kidd, & Terry who have done so much for our league and worked so hard to get here. They deserve all the credit for what they have accomplished. Thank you to all my family, friends and especially the fans for standing by me this year. Miami fans are incredible. A special thank you to my teammates, coaches and Pat Riley and Micky Arison for all of their support. A lot to learn from this year, a lot to build on, and a lot of work to do this summer.

Much like his press conference comments, what you read into that statement really says more about how you feel about LeBron than anything else. A lot of Mavericks players took things like him and Dwyane Wade poking fun at Dirk’s cough personally, and used it as motivation.

1. chargerdillon - Jun 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

This is the time of year where Lebron needs to be quiet. Be as much the douche you are when you’re playing basketball and entertaining people. Save the offseason for quiet-time because if you’re not entertaining on the basketball court chances are you’re saying something incredibly childish and putting your most popular shoe on the market back in your mouth.

I’m one of Lebrons biggest supporters ON THE COURT. The season is over and it’s time for Lebron to put the big-boy pants on.

2. medtxpack - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM

he needs to fire his PR guy, a good one wouldnt had taught his pretenious ass to avoid this stuff.

• medtxpack - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:02 PM

i made a huge error in that one….but yall get the point.

3. randommofo - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

“If I were LeBron’s PR person, I’d tell him after today it’s time to lay low for the summer. Work on your game, take a vacation but just lay low.

I feel like that should have been said to him every summer since he came into the league

4. goforthanddie - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM

If I were leb’s agent, I’d have his damn mouth sewn shut.

5. caldreaming - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Really now. Lame James, you know you did not write that congratulatory statement.

6. nfl25 - Jun 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

the more i think about it, the more i feel like, who wouldnt say what he said about the so called “haters”. if everyone wanted me to fail, who knows what i would say after i actually did fail. the problem is i think people are right to want the heat to fail but im not sure about just wanting leborn to fail. i think its ok for clevland fans to want lebron to fail. but why does wade seem to get a pass? personally i dislike wade more than lebron. that all started in the celtics series

if lebron just acts like a normal humble dude from here on out, i think people other than clevland fans will leave him alone next year.

and to all the poeple that are like, u hatin on the heat. so when everytime someoe is like, oh i hate that dude, or that team, they are haters? or is just if you hate the heat, that makes u a hater? just want to make sure i get this straight

7. nfl25 - Jun 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM

dude whats so funny is all the heat fans that were all over this board talkin so much smack a few days ago just disappeared. even before the series ended they were gone. maybe they went back to their old favorite teams now that the heat lost. or no, now they are maverics fans. they all ordered dirk jerseys

• edweird0 - Jun 14, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Still here douche bag.

• southbeachtalent - Jun 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Still here…. Just sick and tired of all the Heat/Lebron hate. It’s just plain ridiculous.

Take this story for instance, he’s congratulating the champs and all you guys can do is criticize. I really do not understand. I’m a die-hard dolfan and absolutely hate the Jets, but I would never consume my life with the hatred that people have displayed this season against the Heat. It’s a sad society we live in when we rejoice in someone else’ failure. Says a lot about your lives. If I were LeBron I would go the Barry Bonds route.

We will be back next year make no mistake, this season was a learning experience. GO HEAT!!!!!!

8. jadyn3 - Jun 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Still here. Still a Heat fan. Still proud of them for getting to the finals. Still love to wear my #3 jersey. Still have faith in their ability to win.

• edweird0 - Jun 14, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Yup, that pretty much sums it up to me. All they accomplished with what they had for a bench… Man I can’t wait for them to add some actual role players aside from Haslem and Miller.

9. david8726 - Jun 15, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Still here, still a Heat fan also….. And very proud to be a fan of the second best team in the NBA this year. It sucks to have lost in the big show, but I’d say we accomplished a lot with our group in only their first year together.

Kudos to Bron for giving Dallas the credit they deserve.

10. Chris Fiorentino - Jun 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM

If LeBron stopped talking to the media, what would LBJTalk.com do for stories? If there is a lockout, this blog would go the way of the dodo bird, which is what most of the writers here are anyway.

11. savocabol1 - Jun 15, 2011 at 9:09 AM

The series and season is over and the Heat lost….yet Lebron STILL has to make headlines be about him. Why does everyone hate this guy again?

• heat256 - Jun 15, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Are you that obtuse? You really think LeBron only calls press conferences JUST to make it about him? If he saved a child from drowning, would you blame him for shoving the kid in so he could look good too? Moron. Move on with your life. Hating someone who doesn’t know/care you exist is really sad. Celebrate the good things in sports and in life if you can.

• savocabol1 - Jun 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Are you just coming out of a shell? How come Lebron is going on this press circuit right now doing interviews for ESPN and the likes? He is just giving his post-winning the championship pressers right? Oh wait I forgot…….

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches