Jun 14, 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
Mavs owner Mark Cuban said it best after the game: “Our fans punked the s— out of Miami’s fans.”
It was obvious in the building with a fair amount of blue shirts sprinkled in among the white, especially close to the Dallas bench area. It became louder and more obvious as the game went on — even on the television broadcast — as the Mavericks fans became vocal and louder than the Heat fans.
But how did they even get in a sold out building? The Miami Herald has the answer.
Michael Lipman, whose company helps resell Heat seats, said Heat ticket holders sold 150 seats to Mavericks fans after the Mavs’ premium seat department inquired. Dallas fans paid as much as $3,000 for first- and second-row seats by the Mavericks’ bench in Game 6, as much as $2,000 a few rows back.
“In Dallas, not one person sold to Heat fans,” Lipman said. “They have longtime loyal fans there.” In Miami, with some of the best seats, “you didn’t necessarily have only Heat fans, but wealthy individuals who are basketball fans and wanted to be a part of this. Some of the fans here said, ‘If I sell this game, it will pay for my whole playoff invoice.’”
That’s not “Fan Up,” Miami. Oh, this is too easy. Fish in a barrel. Just insert your own jokes about Heat fans and their bandwagon nature here, you can do a dozen off the top of your head, too.
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 0
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 14
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 17
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 71
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (71)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay