Jun 14, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
In a series of moves that should surprise exactly nobody, the Los Angeles Clippers extended a qualifying offer to center DeAndre Jordan, making him a restricted free agent, and exercised their team options on Blake Griffin, Eric Bledsoe, and Al-Farouq Aminu. All four players were drafted by the Clippers, and the latter three are still on their rookie deals, making picking up their options a no-brainer. (The Griffin option was perhaps the easiest decision any team will have to make this off-season.)
The only intrigue comes from the Jordan offer, but it’s minor. The Clippers still have Chris Kaman under contract, but all signs point to the Clippers wanting to keep the ultra-athletic but still offensively raw Jordan and make him their center of the future — it would be very surprising if the Clippers did not match any offer Jordan will receive in free agency.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (96)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'