Post game video from Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks

Jun 13, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT

APTOPIX NBA Finals Mavericks Heat Basketball AP

The Miami Heat sounded hurt, except for LeBron James who sounded a little defiant to all those “haters” out there.

Below is some of the post game press conferences from players on both team — including James saying what he thinks of you if you don’t like him.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. savocabol1 - Jun 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I watched the whole presser right after the game. When the tough questions were addressed to Lebron and Wade Lebron would stare at Wade to make him be the one to answer. He looked pathetic.

• purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Le Ringless and Wade aren’t the second coming of Scottie and Michael; they’re more like the second coming of the Smothers Brothers with Le Ringless taking on the role of Tommie!!! The Heat need to be renamed to the Clowns, because that’s what they are… a bunch of clowns… buffoons… dufusses!

Here’s to more championship parties before the season even starts, clowns!!!

2. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM

All hail Le Bum! KING…. King of the ringless ones, that is!!!

Where are all the Miami Honks this morning who kept posting “Heat in 4″???? Still waiting for a ride on the side of the road after the ride home last night on the old bandwagon didn’t go so good when it blew out all four tires on the interstate???

This stat says it all: James +/- number last night? MINUS TWENTY-FOUR!!! I bet greaser Riley needed the big bottle of Mallox last night! (bwahahahahahahaha!!!!).

WORLD CHAMPS? DALLAS MAVS!!!! Late.

3. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Don’t look now King, but all you’ve got on is the Emperor’s New Clothes!!!

4. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

TBS analyst and five ring winner Steve Kerr today said on the Colin Cowherd Show (ESPN syndicated radio), that Le Bum is a lot more Scottie than he is Micheal (I agree; even his obvious insecurity is like No Tippin Pippen’s), and that he’s totally lost on the floor if his perimeter shot is off (as it was in both games 4 and 5).

Coffee is for closers; I understand that Starbuck’s this morning refused to serve any to James!

5. greenbaypackerbacker - Jun 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM

“The Dallas Heat sounded like the veterans they are, albeit ones overwhelmed by the moment.”

Good thing Kurt can right… The Dallas Heat??? good one buddy.

• Kansachusetts - Jun 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Um, you mean, “Good thing Kurt can write?”
      What was that about living in glass houses and throwing stones?

6. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM

What’s the difference between Saturn and LeBron James? They’re both big and full of gas, but at least Saturn has rings.

7. lucky5934 - Jun 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM

Well, I must admit, they asked James some TOUGH questions last night. I am surprised he didn’t curl up in the fetal position and have Wade rock him to sleep. In hindsight, LBJ definitely did not make any friends nationally with his rant about his haters. What he should have said was

“I am the reason we lost. My actions put too much pressure on myself and unfairly on my team. We have handled pressure all year, but we are still learning how to work through tough moments. This moment will continue to motivate us to learn from this series as we prepare for next year. I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness, but I am truly sorry to all the Heat fans I let down. I will be better for you, because you deserve for the Heat to be better. I also have never taken the time to reflect on my actions from the past year. In many cases, I made a poor decision. Cleveland deserved better. I sincerely hope they can get back on track with two excellent young draft picks. I will always be a fan of Cleveland from a far whether you accept me as one or not. In closing, I wanted to offer congrats to the Dallas Mavericks. They were the better team and outplayed us. I am sincerely happy that so many players finally had the chance to earn a ring. We wil be back next year with the hunger they displayed this year. Until then…”

Something like this would have softened the blow he caused within the past year and would have gone a looong way towards establishing his maturity with the media. Of course, it didn’t happen and now people will still resent him.

8. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Great take from columnist Steve Rosenbloom of the Chicago Tribune this morning:

Steve Rosenbloom
    9:49 a.m. CDT, June 13, 2011

Thank you, Dwyane Wade. It’s good therapy for America that your over-celebrating Heat have nothing but regret and embarrassment today.

A country shot off fireworks to mark the death spiral of an arrogant bunch of guys who shot off their mouths better than they shot the basketball.

Thank you, LeBron James. A big group hug for the nation as you led your overexposed Heat to spectacular underachievement in choking away fourth quarters, especially at home, until you ultimately choked away the NBA title.

Miami’s “Big Three’’ celebrated the NBA title last July when all they had done was accept a ridiculous amount of money. They acted like they’d won the whole thing a month ago when all they had done was win half of what they bragged they’d win. But the best moment — short of Dirk Nowitzki’s holding the “Big Two’’ of the Larry O’Brien and Bill Russell trophies — came in Game 2 of the Finals when the Heat started dancing and celebrating and acting out, and then, oops, choked a massive lead at home.

Oh, and I almost forgot the jerk way that Wade and James mocked Nowitzki’s illness, then denied it, and who’s laughing now?

Say this for the Miami Hate: Nobody is better at celebrating when nothing has been accomplished.

The Heat said they weren’t brought together to win not just one NBA title, but 5, 6, 7. Hard to do when you gag in Games 4, 5 and 6.

To think, Wade wondered aloud why most of the country seemed to be rooting for the Mavericks.

Reality check, Dwyane. Hel-LO.

9. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Cleveland reacts….

10. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Separated at birth: The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz and Le Choke James… “if I only had a heart”!

11. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM

What does LeBron James have in common with a fabric store? Neither carries any hardware.

12. purdueman - Jun 13, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Calling all Miami Heat Homers, Honks and Bandwagoners….
    Calling all Miami Heat Homers, Honks and Bandwagoners….

Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches