Jun 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
Oh, they get to call themselves champions, they get the chip and the bragging rights. But on NBA TV after the game last night Mark Cuban said he may not do championship rings for the players.
“I might not get rings,” Cuban said as Chris Webber started to give him look like he was nuts. “Rings are old school. You’ve seen it before: There’s guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I’m like, ‘Rings are done. It’s time to take it to the next level.'”
If not rings then what? Championship belts? iPads with pictures of rings?
The rings are a bit old school, but so is his team? Has he looked at the ages of these guys? Those players he has may like the tradition. Except for DeShawn Stevenson.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17