Jun 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
Oh, they get to call themselves champions, they get the chip and the bragging rights. But on NBA TV after the game last night Mark Cuban said he may not do championship rings for the players.
“I might not get rings,” Cuban said as Chris Webber started to give him look like he was nuts. “Rings are old school. You’ve seen it before: There’s guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I’m like, ‘Rings are done. It’s time to take it to the next level.'”
If not rings then what? Championship belts? iPads with pictures of rings?
The rings are a bit old school, but so is his team? Has he looked at the ages of these guys? Those players he has may like the tradition. Except for DeShawn Stevenson.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13