Jun 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
Oh, they get to call themselves champions, they get the chip and the bragging rights. But on NBA TV after the game last night Mark Cuban said he may not do championship rings for the players.
“I might not get rings,” Cuban said as Chris Webber started to give him look like he was nuts. “Rings are old school. You’ve seen it before: There’s guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I’m like, ‘Rings are done. It’s time to take it to the next level.'”
If not rings then what? Championship belts? iPads with pictures of rings?
The rings are a bit old school, but so is his team? Has he looked at the ages of these guys? Those players he has may like the tradition. Except for DeShawn Stevenson.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 7
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5