Jun 13, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Oh Macy’s, you haven’t had this kind of bad publicity since you tried to have the real Santa Claus committed to an insane asylum.
In Monday’s Miami Herald there is a big ad congratulating the Miami Heat on their championship and telling you that you can get your Miami Heat championship gear at the store. So you see the problem there, right?
I worked in newspapers, I know how this goes. Ads like this are scheduled then if something happens like the Miami Heat totally collapse and look like crap at the end of the game then a different ad is supposed be swapped in by the paper. Macy’s itself almost certainly didn’t make the mistake. But it gets to be the target of some jokes.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32