Jun 13, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Oh Macy’s, you haven’t had this kind of bad publicity since you tried to have the real Santa Claus committed to an insane asylum.
In Monday’s Miami Herald there is a big ad congratulating the Miami Heat on their championship and telling you that you can get your Miami Heat championship gear at the store. So you see the problem there, right?
I worked in newspapers, I know how this goes. Ads like this are scheduled then if something happens like the Miami Heat totally collapse and look like crap at the end of the game then a different ad is supposed be swapped in by the paper. Macy’s itself almost certainly didn’t make the mistake. But it gets to be the target of some jokes.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18