Jun 13, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Oh Macy’s, you haven’t had this kind of bad publicity since you tried to have the real Santa Claus committed to an insane asylum.
In Monday’s Miami Herald there is a big ad congratulating the Miami Heat on their championship and telling you that you can get your Miami Heat championship gear at the store. So you see the problem there, right?
I worked in newspapers, I know how this goes. Ads like this are scheduled then if something happens like the Miami Heat totally collapse and look like crap at the end of the game then a different ad is supposed be swapped in by the paper. Macy’s itself almost certainly didn’t make the mistake. But it gets to be the target of some jokes.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 14
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 5
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52