Jun 13, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Oh Macy’s, you haven’t had this kind of bad publicity since you tried to have the real Santa Claus committed to an insane asylum.
In Monday’s Miami Herald there is a big ad congratulating the Miami Heat on their championship and telling you that you can get your Miami Heat championship gear at the store. So you see the problem there, right?
I worked in newspapers, I know how this goes. Ads like this are scheduled then if something happens like the Miami Heat totally collapse and look like crap at the end of the game then a different ad is supposed be swapped in by the paper. Macy’s itself almost certainly didn’t make the mistake. But it gets to be the target of some jokes.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 1
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6