Jun 13, 2011, 2:38 PM EST
Oh Macy’s, you haven’t had this kind of bad publicity since you tried to have the real Santa Claus committed to an insane asylum.
In Monday’s Miami Herald there is a big ad congratulating the Miami Heat on their championship and telling you that you can get your Miami Heat championship gear at the store. So you see the problem there, right?
I worked in newspapers, I know how this goes. Ads like this are scheduled then if something happens like the Miami Heat totally collapse and look like crap at the end of the game then a different ad is supposed be swapped in by the paper. Macy’s itself almost certainly didn’t make the mistake. But it gets to be the target of some jokes.
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 5
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 9
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 19
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9