LeBron has a few arrogant words for those who hate him

Jun 13, 2011, 8:15 AM EST

Dallas Mavericks v Miami Heat - Game Six Getty Images

It seemed like most of America was rooting against LeBron James.

The Decision. The pep rally. The air of arrogance around him and the team coming into the season. It turned people off. A lot of people. Most of America.

When asked after the game (in an interview broadcast on NBA TV) about how it feels to have people rooting against you like that, LeBron sounded… arrogant.

“All the people that were rooting for me to fail… at the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”

Yea, that’s going to really win some people over.

LeBron is never going please many of those haters. But calling them jealous was a poor choice, it loses some of the fans on the fence. LeBron has a lengthy list of public relations blunders in the past year, you can now add another one to it.

172 Comments (Feed for Comments)
  1. ndirishfan1 - Jun 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I woke up today with the same amount of championships as LeBron.

• shlomoshawnaziz - Dec 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

all of you are jerks. LeBron is right, and your all proving it. Leave the guy alone, its his life. Let him live it. Deal with your own problems

2. olsherm - Jun 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM

finally all 138 of you’ll got what you’ll wanted I hope you’ll are happy

3. sw516000 - Jun 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM

LeBron, I look forward to seeing you, D Wade, and Chris Bosh in the finals next year. God bless!!1

4. mike1489 - Jun 15, 2011 at 11:52 AM

If your FAMILY is your first interest in your life, a lot of you guys are like Lebron James…People don’t even know the real fact which led him to make the decision,so they don’t really know what they’re talking about…Hate the guy will never lead you somewhere, you all have to keep it in mind,Never…

5. zumurito - Jun 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Okay, I am going to comment on LeBron and his comments. I truly hope HE reads this or at least hears about this! First, LeBron is no Michael, Magic or Larry, not even Kobe. He has to ‘earn’ those stripes and truth be told, he has ‘yet’ to do that. Now folks let’s get serious for a minute. Mr. James, you are a international sports figure. You go by the name “king” james. Because of those that came before you, you have been ‘blessed’ with shoe deals and numerous other contracts that should have you ‘set for life.’ Whether you LIKE IT OR NOT, you have a ‘responsibility’ to uphold. Yeah, maybe you didn’t ask for it, and yeah, maybe you just wanna be a ‘ball player’, but you cannot deny that you were well aware of the fame and recognition you would receive. Second, we ALL know you are only HUMAN, and some folks are going to like you, some aren’t, but that is the nature of SPORTS. YES LEBRON, fans (short for FANATICS) do live vicariously through their idols, and you my friend are or were an idol to many. Humility with DIGNITY is a lesson you must learn. The expectations of fans are very high, and you are going to fall short time and time again, but you CHOSE this road and you must walk it, but my brother, do so with your HEAD HELD HIGH, teaching all those who look up to you (which is most folks)(lol) how to be a winner, even win LOSING. What you should have said is:

First, my hat goes off to the Dallas Mavericks. They played a helluva series and they were the better team. I don’t want the attention that has been focused on me to diminish their well-deserved victory. That said, I didn’t play up to my potential and I have NO EXCUSES. This is difficult for me because i am sure you all realize that no one likes to lose. By nature athletes are competitive and we want to win, we came up short and i accept my responsibility in that. Now as far as folks “hating” on me. Hey, that’s a part of the game and truthfully, I am happy that i can bring entertainment to people regardless if they like me or not. I realize I can’t please everyone. To my supporters, my apologies. I can only say that through adversity and struggle diamonds are forged. To my detractors, i am still going to do everything in my power to win you over and make you supporters. I realize that i have done some things and made some decisions that many question and just plain don’t like. I have accepted this and while i had my reasons, i do sincerely apologize to those i have offended, for I understand how passionate folks get about sports. I can only promise one thing: I am going to try to become the best player and representative this sport has seen in a long while. I have a very hard road to walk, but with the support of my family, my fans and my faith i plan on entertaining all of you folks for many years to come. So go ahead and let me have it because frankly i do deserve it, but also if and when you see me rise from these ashes please just be fair enough to give credit where credit is due. and with that i’d just like to congratulate Dirk, Mark Cuban and the entire Mavericks team and organization on a great series and hopefully we can do it again next year. Thank you.

6. iplaybingowitholdpeopleandwin - Jun 18, 2011 at 5:36 PM

C’mon now…let’s all play the world’s tiniest violin since Bron Bron lost.

He wasn’t being arrogant at all. Although the dude said that people will wake up tomorrow and will have the same problems they had today, it was the way he said it — very dismissive. The problem that people have is – him. He’s been a media darling since he was 15. Now, 11 years later he’s shown that he’s not MJ nor the second coming thereof — he’s Scottie Pippen 2.0. (Caveat: when Scottie made his comments he sounded like an absolute wuss. First I believe that Scottie said that LBJ is better than MJ because Scottie’s envious of LBJs skill set. Second, if Scottie wasn’t a wuss he’d have followed it up by saying something to the effect of ‘He’s good but, I’d beat him though.’ Third, LBJ did just like Scottie did with the Blazers — pass, quite literally, on taking the opportunity to step out of someone else’s shadow. Unlike Pippen at that stage of his career, there’s always next year. We’ll revisit this at that time.)

His words don’t mean that he was squatting on top of anyone. Just that he was trying to avoid the implication that he was like Vince Young and would go crying because people didn’t support him. He had to do or say something. But he’s right…when I wake up tomorrow, I still won’t like him as a player and will disagree with how he’s handled his career. However, that’s his life and not mine. I have my own things I have to confront.

• tugga1020 - Jun 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I’m writing this in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First and foremost, when we all wake up the next morning ( and that’s if God decides to give us that opportunity), the first thing everyone should be doing is thanking God for waking us up. For you to say a dumb statement like that LeBron is what I would expect coming from you. Last but not least, when you took off that Cleveland jersey after that last lost, I knew you weren’t coming back to Cleveland, even though I’m not from Cleveland. Finally, when you woke up the next day after that loss, I wonder did you wake up the same way as you do every morning, can you answer that question : ) ?

• coach8080 - Jun 22, 2012 at 3:46 AM

You my friend are a huge hypocrite. Dont use references to God when you are criticizing someone. My hats off to Lebron for not telling people where they can shove it!!! People have been criticizing him unjustly for years. He has done nothing wrong to any of them. He hasnt raped girls in Co, Ratted off teamates, cheated on his wife, bought her off after with 4 million dollar rings, Cryed on national radio asking to be traded, missed charity events & fined by the NBA for doing so, the list goes on & on. Yet you have the NERVE to use the Lords name. Wake up you hypocrite

• coach8080 - Jun 22, 2012 at 3:51 AM

When you can live your life righteously, then judge someone. You have no idea how he feels, raised by a single crazy mom, trying to do whats right & having to take criticism from fans who dont have a clue how he handles his personal life. Me, personally wouldnt have made it this far with out pissing more people off

7. dogsweat1 - Jun 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Heat vs Lakers——2012 NBA Finals…

Lebron vs Kobe

Arrogance vs Ultra Arrogance….

Get the popcorn!!

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches