Jun 13, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
It seemed like most of America was rooting against LeBron James.
The Decision. The pep rally. The air of arrogance around him and the team coming into the season. It turned people off. A lot of people. Most of America.
When asked after the game (in an interview broadcast on NBA TV) about how it feels to have people rooting against you like that, LeBron sounded… arrogant.
“All the people that were rooting for me to fail… at the end of the day, tomorrow they have to wake up and have the same life that (they had) before they woke up today,” James said. “They got the same personal problems they had today. And I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things I want to do.”
Yea, that’s going to really win some people over.
LeBron is never going please many of those haters. But calling them jealous was a poor choice, it loses some of the fans on the fence. LeBron has a lengthy list of public relations blunders in the past year, you can now add another one to it.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 7
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 17
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23