Jun 13, 2011, 1:51 AM EDT
The wounds are not healed in Cleveland.
That includes Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, he of the comic-sans LeBron rant from last July (after LeBron decided his talents liked the beach), a letter that played well in Cleveland but was frankly embarrassing for a grown man. Since then he’s largely quiet on the issue. But after the Mavericks eliminated the Heat Sunday night, he couldn’t help himself and tweeted:
Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.
As Tom Ziller of SBN noted, the billionaire who bought a team with LeBron on it then got pissed when he left is complaining about shortcuts? He just comes off as petty.
Dallas just healed my HEART……..
There’s probably a lot of people in Cleveland who feel that way. But feeling you won because LeBron lost is a hollow victory. When next season comes, LeBron James is going to put on a Miami Heat jersey. And they will be better and closer to a title for the experience.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 22
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 37
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 29
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 56
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12