Jun 13, 2011, 1:51 AM EDT
The wounds are not healed in Cleveland.
That includes Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, he of the comic-sans LeBron rant from last July (after LeBron decided his talents liked the beach), a letter that played well in Cleveland but was frankly embarrassing for a grown man. Since then he’s largely quiet on the issue. But after the Mavericks eliminated the Heat Sunday night, he couldn’t help himself and tweeted:
Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.
As Tom Ziller of SBN noted, the billionaire who bought a team with LeBron on it then got pissed when he left is complaining about shortcuts? He just comes off as petty.
Dallas just healed my HEART……..
There’s probably a lot of people in Cleveland who feel that way. But feeling you won because LeBron lost is a hollow victory. When next season comes, LeBron James is going to put on a Miami Heat jersey. And they will be better and closer to a title for the experience.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 19
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 3
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16