Jun 13, 2011, 1:51 AM EST
The wounds are not healed in Cleveland.
That includes Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, he of the comic-sans LeBron rant from last July (after LeBron decided his talents liked the beach), a letter that played well in Cleveland but was frankly embarrassing for a grown man. Since then he’s largely quiet on the issue. But after the Mavericks eliminated the Heat Sunday night, he couldn’t help himself and tweeted:
Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.
As Tom Ziller of SBN noted, the billionaire who bought a team with LeBron on it then got pissed when he left is complaining about shortcuts? He just comes off as petty.
Dallas just healed my HEART……..
There’s probably a lot of people in Cleveland who feel that way. But feeling you won because LeBron lost is a hollow victory. When next season comes, LeBron James is going to put on a Miami Heat jersey. And they will be better and closer to a title for the experience.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)