Jun 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
We tried to warn you the Miami Heat would be back.
The oddsmakers at Bodog Sports put out their odds for the 2012 NBA title and they are predicting a Heat vs. Lakers finals next season. (That sound you just heard was David Stern drooling at that prospect.) Here are their top 1o:
Miami Heat 5/2
Los Angeles Lakers 11/2
Chicago Bulls 6/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
Dallas Mavericks 10/1
Boston Celtics 12/1
San Antonio Spurs 20/1
Orlando Magic 22/1
New York Knicks 28/1
Portland Trailblazers 30/1
The longest odds on the board? Your Toronto Raptors at 150/1.
Understand that the role of the bookmaker is not to predict what will happen with these odds but to spread the betting out so that the house makes money — which means it’s more about predicting what the public will put money on than predicting what will actually happen. And Bodog thinks you all are going to put your money on the Heat and Lakers. That sounds about right.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29