Jun 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
We tried to warn you the Miami Heat would be back.
The oddsmakers at Bodog Sports put out their odds for the 2012 NBA title and they are predicting a Heat vs. Lakers finals next season. (That sound you just heard was David Stern drooling at that prospect.) Here are their top 1o:
Miami Heat 5/2
Los Angeles Lakers 11/2
Chicago Bulls 6/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 8/1
Dallas Mavericks 10/1
Boston Celtics 12/1
San Antonio Spurs 20/1
Orlando Magic 22/1
New York Knicks 28/1
Portland Trailblazers 30/1
The longest odds on the board? Your Toronto Raptors at 150/1.
Understand that the role of the bookmaker is not to predict what will happen with these odds but to spread the betting out so that the house makes money — which means it’s more about predicting what the public will put money on than predicting what will actually happen. And Bodog thinks you all are going to put your money on the Heat and Lakers. That sounds about right.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18