Jun 12, 2011, 3:32 PM EST
By Monday, players have to decide if they are in or out of the NBA draft… well, not college players because the NCAA makes them decide much earlier rather than working out for and getting good information from NBA teams before they make their decision. But that’s another issue.
For the international players, they have until Monday to pull out of the draft, and it looks like a couple expected to go late in the first round may withdraw their name.
Brazilian Lucas Nogueira may be one of those, according to a tweet from NBA.com’s Scott Howard-Cooper. Both Howard-Cooper and Bradley Thayer of DraftExpress said Nogueira looked incredibly raw at the Adidas Eurocamp. He’s an 18-year-old, 7’0” center with some athleticism, so you imagine why he was drawing attention and was considered a late first round pick, but his performance at Eurocamp might well drop him to the second round.
Latvia’s Davis Bertans is the other guy, he will pull out if he does not get a first round promise that a team will draft him, according to ESPN’s Chad Ford. Bertans is a 6’10 small forward who at the Nike Hoop Summit turned heads with his shooting — a quick release and NBA three-point range. But he also struggled some at Eurocamp with his shot and getting blocked at the rim in his workouts according to Ford. He may well not get the promise he desired (he was considered a late first-round pick anyway).
As news comes through on Monday PBT will keep you up to date on who is in and who is out.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54