Rick Carlisle confronted DeShawn Stevenson about Facebooking. Too bad DeShawn doesn’t have Facebook.

Jun 12, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT

DeShawn Neck Tattoo

Rick Carlisle heard some disturbing rumors about DeShawn Stevenson running his mouth on Facebook, calling out Lebron James. Makes sense, Stevenson has a long-standing history with James and has said his fair share of comments during these Finals, including saying James “checked out” of Game 4. So the coach confronted Stevenson. One problem. Stevenson isn’t on Facebook. From ESPN Dallas:

“There’s like 37 people that are acting like me on Facebook,” Stevenson said. “I mean, if you look at me and look at all these tattoos, do you think I’d be sitting on the Internet and typing? C’mon, man. Sometimes you’ve got to look at a person. I would not be in my house on a computer typing nothing about anybody.”

Stevenson said he doesn’t know how to use Facebook. Nor does he want to learn.

“I can’t get on there because I would say something reckless,” Stevenson said. “That’s why I don’t have nothing on there. That’s why really I can’t have one.”

via DeShawn Stevenson: Let LeBron just chill – Dallas Mavericks Blog – ESPN Dallas.

So how many tattoos does one have to have in order for them not to be able to use the internet? Two? Three? Is it the face tattoo that prevents him from being someone who’s “sitting on the Internet?” Or is that restricted only to people with neck tattoos of Abraham Lincoln? Really, DeShawn. We need more rules here. Help us out.

The trash talk train has kind of wound down in these Finals. We’ve had more than enough outside storylines. For the Heat, there’s no tomorrow if they lose. For the Mavericks, they’ll have all summer to type on the Internet if they can close this out.

1. edmazeing1 - Jun 12, 2011 at 10:06 AM

he Can say whatever he wants if he win that ring!!!

2. jjstrokes - Jun 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I think his tattoo comment was in reference to the amount of time he’s spent sitting in the ink chair rather than learning how to social network, He really must not use the internet all that much; then he would know that there’s plenty of ignorant/brash people just like him self on facebook….. I love Desahwn’s overall game; especially his defense eventho he wasn’t exceptionally known for it back when he played for my Magic. I guess it takes a while to learn how to play D in the NBA tho just like it took a while to find the NBA 3 range. He couldn’t make a wide-open 3 to save his life 5 seasons ago.

3. goforthanddie - Jun 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Shame more athletes (and ordinary people) don’t realize what a total waste Twitter is. Smart guy.

4. billsfanaddict - Jun 12, 2011 at 3:01 PM

african americans having abe lincoln [u know, Freer of slaves] tattoos is pretty understandable

5. danj3678 - Jun 12, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Facebook

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches