Rick Carlisle confronted DeShawn Stevenson about Facebooking. Too bad DeShawn doesn’t have Facebook.
Jun 12, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
Rick Carlisle heard some disturbing rumors about DeShawn Stevenson running his mouth on Facebook, calling out Lebron James. Makes sense, Stevenson has a long-standing history with James and has said his fair share of comments during these Finals, including saying James “checked out” of Game 4. So the coach confronted Stevenson. One problem. Stevenson isn’t on Facebook. From ESPN Dallas:
“There’s like 37 people that are acting like me on Facebook,” Stevenson said. “I mean, if you look at me and look at all these tattoos, do you think I’d be sitting on the Internet and typing? C’mon, man. Sometimes you’ve got to look at a person. I would not be in my house on a computer typing nothing about anybody.”
Stevenson said he doesn’t know how to use Facebook. Nor does he want to learn.
“I can’t get on there because I would say something reckless,” Stevenson said. “That’s why I don’t have nothing on there. That’s why really I can’t have one.”
So how many tattoos does one have to have in order for them not to be able to use the internet? Two? Three? Is it the face tattoo that prevents him from being someone who’s “sitting on the Internet?” Or is that restricted only to people with neck tattoos of Abraham Lincoln? Really, DeShawn. We need more rules here. Help us out.
The trash talk train has kind of wound down in these Finals. We’ve had more than enough outside storylines. For the Heat, there’s no tomorrow if they lose. For the Mavericks, they’ll have all summer to type on the Internet if they can close this out.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 11
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25