Rick Carlisle confronted DeShawn Stevenson about Facebooking. Too bad DeShawn doesn’t have Facebook.
Jun 12, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
Rick Carlisle heard some disturbing rumors about DeShawn Stevenson running his mouth on Facebook, calling out Lebron James. Makes sense, Stevenson has a long-standing history with James and has said his fair share of comments during these Finals, including saying James “checked out” of Game 4. So the coach confronted Stevenson. One problem. Stevenson isn’t on Facebook. From ESPN Dallas:
“There’s like 37 people that are acting like me on Facebook,” Stevenson said. “I mean, if you look at me and look at all these tattoos, do you think I’d be sitting on the Internet and typing? C’mon, man. Sometimes you’ve got to look at a person. I would not be in my house on a computer typing nothing about anybody.”
Stevenson said he doesn’t know how to use Facebook. Nor does he want to learn.
“I can’t get on there because I would say something reckless,” Stevenson said. “That’s why I don’t have nothing on there. That’s why really I can’t have one.”
So how many tattoos does one have to have in order for them not to be able to use the internet? Two? Three? Is it the face tattoo that prevents him from being someone who’s “sitting on the Internet?” Or is that restricted only to people with neck tattoos of Abraham Lincoln? Really, DeShawn. We need more rules here. Help us out.
The trash talk train has kind of wound down in these Finals. We’ve had more than enough outside storylines. For the Heat, there’s no tomorrow if they lose. For the Mavericks, they’ll have all summer to type on the Internet if they can close this out.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6