Rick Carlisle confronted DeShawn Stevenson about Facebooking. Too bad DeShawn doesn’t have Facebook.
Jun 12, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
Rick Carlisle heard some disturbing rumors about DeShawn Stevenson running his mouth on Facebook, calling out Lebron James. Makes sense, Stevenson has a long-standing history with James and has said his fair share of comments during these Finals, including saying James “checked out” of Game 4. So the coach confronted Stevenson. One problem. Stevenson isn’t on Facebook. From ESPN Dallas:
“There’s like 37 people that are acting like me on Facebook,” Stevenson said. “I mean, if you look at me and look at all these tattoos, do you think I’d be sitting on the Internet and typing? C’mon, man. Sometimes you’ve got to look at a person. I would not be in my house on a computer typing nothing about anybody.”
Stevenson said he doesn’t know how to use Facebook. Nor does he want to learn.
“I can’t get on there because I would say something reckless,” Stevenson said. “That’s why I don’t have nothing on there. That’s why really I can’t have one.”
So how many tattoos does one have to have in order for them not to be able to use the internet? Two? Three? Is it the face tattoo that prevents him from being someone who’s “sitting on the Internet?” Or is that restricted only to people with neck tattoos of Abraham Lincoln? Really, DeShawn. We need more rules here. Help us out.
The trash talk train has kind of wound down in these Finals. We’ve had more than enough outside storylines. For the Heat, there’s no tomorrow if they lose. For the Mavericks, they’ll have all summer to type on the Internet if they can close this out.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 1
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44